Honored Contributor

Last week we went to a brand new Margaritaville that opened in Cleveland.  The reviews on both YELP and the Margaritaville FB page were not good at all.  Those band reviews were all spot on.  The place was horrible.  It's cute inside but the service is terrible, the food was okay but barely warm and the wait time for a table ridiculous given how many empty tables there were in the place despite a huge wait time.  Something is terribly wrong with the way that place is being managed.

In that instance, the reviews were all correct. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva that's so disappointing!  My DH and I have a rule that we won't visit a new restaurant in the first month or two it's open.  When we do, we almost always come away with a bad impression on the first visit, and about half the time, a later visit is much more pleasant!  We would have missed out on some places that we ended up enjoying very much if we'd written them off after that mediocre or bad first visit.  So now we wait and let them get the kinks worked out.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva that's so disappointing!  My DH and I have a rule that we won't visit a new restaurant in the first month or two it's open.  When we do, we almost always come away with a bad impression on the first visit, and about half the time, a later visit is much more pleasant!  We would have missed out on some places that we ended up enjoying very much if we'd written them off after that mediocre or bad first visit.  So now we wait and let them get the kinks worked out.

We have that very same rule.  In this case though, we had no choice.  We will be back in about a month for another event.  We'll see if it's gotten any better.