Trusted Contributor

My DD &SIL own the only bar and grill in our town. They have a small but good menu.

Trusted Contributor

Anything Mexican in Puerto Vallarta!  It would be worth going back just for the fresh, to die for salsa. I want to go back soon and eat Mexican food every day for every meal for two weeks or more!   

Did I tell you I love Mexican food?  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I like Chilis as I like their salsa.  I just get grilled chicken and veggies, but I add a lot of the salsa.

I love Jason's deli for lunch--salad bar is the best!

I like Ruby Tuesdays on occasion for a salad bar--prefer Jasons though.

I love Mastros in Beverly Hills!

Lure Fish House in Thousand Oaks, CA--Westlake Village

P. F. Changs

Factor's Famous Deli in Beverly HIlls--best chopped salad ever!

Oceannaire Seafood

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I live right across the bridge from NYC but my area is very diverse.  I love tasting ethnic food.  Recently, a Malaysian restaurant opened in town and I love their choices; it's actually more a fusion menu, Thai, Chinese, Indian & Taiwanese.....across the street a great Ramen Noodle place....we have a large Cuban population and I love the choices locally....last week, we ate at a great Himalayan restaurant which serves dishes from Bhutan and India as well.  We also have great Italian, Greek, Turkish/Middle Eastern, Spanish and Mexican choices....my list would be too long.  Since we live right above the Hudson River, we have many restaurants with wonderful views of the NYC skyline 

Honored Contributor

I like Imperial Palace in Madison,WI for Chinese food.  Hot and sour soup, egg roll, and Fragrant Beef fill the bill for me!  

Respected Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

We have a locally owned restaurant that serves the best cream of mushroom soup.  They use portobello mushrooms, which gives the soup a beefy flavor.  But the soup also has cream and sherry, which make it rich and even more delicious.  Sooooo good!

They also serve an outstanding lobster bisque and an excellent French onion soup.

That sounds delicious. Three of my favorite soups.

Honored Contributor

We used to have a Bahama Breeze but it closed.

Not due to lack of customers!

It was packed every night, I miss it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde,   In a pinch, I like Panera.  Love their soups, Ceasar chicken salad and tuna fish sandwich are my favorites.  When I lived in San Francisco there were so many restaurants to choose from with really creative, excellent food.  Taco Diner, a local restaurant has excellent food. Now I am in the burbs of Chicago and I know Chicago has great restaurants but I am not going to travel there to go to one (I did that when I lived there).  HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

Anything Mexican in Puerto Vallarta!  It would be worth going back just for the fresh, to die for salsa. I want to go back soon and eat Mexican food every day for every meal for two weeks or more!   

Did I tell you I love Mexican food?  Woman Very Happy

And you know I do, if you can see sig lines ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

We have a couple of locally owned restaurants that I love.  2 of them are on the casual side, one being a bar/restaurant. They have a large menu that includes pizza, wraps, grinders, panninis and then meals like steaks, seafood, paprikash. 

There are a ton of restaurants about 30-40 minutes from me in Cleveland the surrounding area but we just don't do that often at all.