Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite music soundtrack of your life?

[ Edited ]

Watch full Unsung Episode: Phyllis Hyman | SoulTracks ...

Prime of My Life (previously posted at #15.  Phyllis Hyman repost because photo is gone.  She deserves to be on this list!  LOL.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

The Jurassic Park sound track is beautiful.  Love the brass and the dynamic sound.  The beginning and ending.

Respected Contributor

Rare Earth  In Concert.   It was like the " Lord of the Rings" trilogy around my street when it came out. Got passed around alot and The music spread from house to house as the kids got  the ALBUM.  I remember coming across the schoolyard with a bunch of kids and you could hear " I just want to celebrate" blaring from my house.  Well, since we kids were all outside they wondered who was playing that album.  When I told them it was my mom, they were impressed.  " Your MOM?! She's a Hot S***t!!    Why, yes, yes she is. 

ps I still have theLotR paperback set that got passed around. It is yellowed and dog eared and the spines are all cracked from use but when I see it I think of friends far and near and those passed on and recall those younger days.

Super Contributor

The Cars debut album.  I graduated high school in 1979 and this album was all the rage, especially here in Boston, which was the band's home town.  Although much of their music was a bit dark, there was also something so youthful and infectious about it.  I have great memories of driving along the beach on a warm summer night with "Just What I Needed" or "Moving In Stereo" blaring on the radio.

I also love The Beatles, The Doors, U2 and many others.  But The Cars will always be my favorite.

Honored Contributor

Mine would be Court and Spark by Joni Mitchell--got the album in my teens and still listen it--I'm soon to be 67

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Mama Mia -  I love to clean house to that soundtrack!

ABBA music makes me smile and want to dance.   I can see how it w/b great amusic to work!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
Is OP asking for soundtracks or albums?

I thought the OP was asking for soundtracks to movies, but the posts are mostly albums @lovesrecess .

Respected Contributor

anything from the 60's and 70's

Trusted Contributor

If it is a soundtrack from a movie, mine would be the Footloose soundtrack and the soundtrack from the movie Singles. 

Right now I am hooked on Journey's Great hits songs. 

Respected Contributor

It can be and album or soundtrack. I just wanted to hear everybody's favorites! I enjoy hearing all the replies.

Nobody has mentioned Elvis yet? Did I miss it? LOL