Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite music soundtrack of your life?

Oh, boy, @Brisky , you do pose a challenge.  I'll boil it down though to one influential album:

"Bobby Short Loves Cole Porter",   with debonair composer Cole Porter memorably pictured on the back:

91TLpClKKpL._SL1500_.jpg

Bobby Short, award-winning cabaret 'song stylist', fixture of New York's Hotel Carlyle for decades, is the perfect interpreter of Porter--  he too was debonair, sophisticated, elegant, crooning and playing every night in his tux at the Carlyle.  They could have been twins.

0327_FL-osborne-building-bobby-short_1200x1459.jpg

Late-career Bobby Short, playing and singing "I'm in Love Again" by Cole Porter from the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZvmBlEdGaQ

Contributor

MR. SUNSHINE.  I am sure not many people will recognize this.  But it is from a Korean Drama.  The music is absolutely beautiful....I can't understand any of the Korean words. But there are English songs interspersed.  For anyone who might want to see this K-drama, it is well worth your time.......Besides this, I love Queen........Two ends of the spectrum, and love them both!

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Is OP asking for soundtracks or albums?

@lovesrecess 

@Brisky is very flexible.  I think she's okay with anything you want to post -- soundtrack, album, genre...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Glad you said that, @just bee ,  since I'm one of the ones who started rhapsodizing about my favorite album, which in this case, is not a movie soundtrack!   Except, (she said grandiosely) you could say it's part of the "soundtrack" to my life, ha.

For an actual film soundtrack, hmm, am drawing a blank.  Oh, loved the Jerry Goldsmith original soundtrack to the haunting Seventies' neo-noir,  "Chinatown":

91cTBquJiHL._SL1500_.jpg

Queen of the Damned.You have to love hard rock.

Respected Contributor

Without a doubt, mine would be the soundtrack of the Lion King.  

The song "Circle Of Life" has always touched me.  It describes the many phases of my life to a "T".  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Mama Mia -  I love to clean house to that soundtrack!

Honored Contributor

Urban Cowboy soundtrack.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I have many soundtrack records and a few CDs. Several favourites.

Titanic

Taylor's Cleopatra

Airport

Forbidden Planet

Anne of the 1000 days

Mary Queen of Scots

Dances with Wolves

And lots more lol

Respected Contributor

A Star Is Born [1976] [Widescreen] (DVD)"Evergreen" what a wonderful song.