Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite female historical figure?

I think historical can mean past history and someone who has already made history somehow. Historic achievements.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Rosa Parks and Anne Frank.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

There is a ten Boom Museum on the site where this heroic family hid Jews during the war. It is an interesting place to see.  Sadly few people know the ten Boom story.

I do @abbeythe 8th and they were the epitome of what true Christianity really is.Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Poster asks a question, numerous posters respond.  I think the word HISTORICAL was a large part of the question..

..so, why is it that just because maybe one or several people don't like said HISTORICAL figure, they alert the moderator?  Like it or not, HISTORICAL does cover women LEADERS.  Whether they lead their country, movement, religion, family, etc. they are HISTORICAL.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Well, since we're talking about historical figures, I'm thinking that means someone from history..not alive now.

There are so many, it's hard to pick one.

Right now, I'd say any woman who fought for justice, equality, and civil rights for any cause in her lifetime.

Doing that can be a very courageous act, especially when faced with violence.

History is made on a daily basis and does not require death.  TODAY is history in the making; tomorrow what happened on this date IS history.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

My post was deleted because it was deemed to be controversial, not sure if the mod acted in haste or someone reported it! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So many posters on this board find everything controversial except baby animals.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

My post was deleted because it was deemed to be controversial, not sure if the mod acted in haste or someone reported it! 

@JaneMarpleand @Noel7, truth is, a famous historical figure, one that made a difference in some way, is pretty much bound to be controversial. With all due respect to the moderators here, no one should be excluded from a posters' personal list.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Well, since we're talking about historical figures, I'm thinking that means someone from history..not alive now.

There are so many, it's hard to pick one.

Right now, I'd say any woman who fought for justice, equality, and civil rights for any cause in her lifetime.

Doing that can be a very courageous act, especially when faced with violence.

History is made on a daily basis and does not require death.  TODAY is history in the making; tomorrow what happened on this date IS history.

---------------------------

Your post made me think of one of my favorite saying:

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift , which is why we call it the present.”
Bill Keane

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/present.html

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/present.html