Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Halloween Candy?

Mr Goodbars, sixlets, peanut M &M’s. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

I'm in Ohio, but I'm not even sure what a Mars Bar is.  Is that a Snickers or a Milky Way?  Anyway, I would have gladly eaten those when I was a kid, but now I'd go for solid chocolate (Hershey bar), M&M's, or Reese's because I can never turn down my two favs together.....peanut butter and chocolate!

Mars is supposed to be PA's favorite...I've never seen or heard of one.  Here's a pic.

947CC431-7642-4C50-8620-4A6473AC4E90.jpeg

The Mars Bar is the British equivalent of the Milky Way, so I'm surprised they even listed it for a U.S. state.

They may also be available from Canada.  Having lived in England for 20 years, I prefer the Mars Bar to the Milky Way.  There's a slight difference because of the chocolate used.

Maybe PA has a lot of ex-pats?

I know that the Mars candy company is located here in PA...maybe plant employees?  I don't know.  Seems strange to me.  I remember reading that Reeses PB cups were  were PA's favorite in different years.  They are located in PA too.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I  love candy cornSmiley Happy

I am not a candy corn person, but my sister is as well as my kids.  I bought Blackberry flavored candy corn last week.  I tried some and have to admit it is pretty good, but too sweet to eat more than a couple of pieces.

C6C7A779-910C-4150-AF68-941BC88906C0.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Halloween is just not Halloween for me without candy corn. My state is represented by Reeses and it might be true because the stores are always loaded with them😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

I'm in Ohio, but I'm not even sure what a Mars Bar is.  Is that a Snickers or a Milky Way?  Anyway, I would have gladly eaten those when I was a kid, but now I'd go for solid chocolate (Hershey bar), M&M's, or Reese's because I can never turn down my two favs together.....peanut butter and chocolate!

Mars is supposed to be PA's favorite...I've never seen or heard of one.  Here's a pic.

947CC431-7642-4C50-8620-4A6473AC4E90.jpeg

The Mars Bar is the British equivalent of the Milky Way, so I'm surprised they even listed it for a U.S. state.

They may also be available from Canada.  Having lived in England for 20 years, I prefer the Mars Bar to the Milky Way.  There's a slight difference because of the chocolate used.

Maybe PA has a lot of ex-pats?

I don't think they're equivalent. Doesn't a Mars bar have nuts in it (maybe almonds)? The original Milky Way is just milk chocolate, caramel, and nougat -- my favorite type of actual candy "bar."

Honored Contributor

I think Tennessee says Red Hots.  I haven't had red hots in years and never liked them that much.  I've never even noticed them in stores.  My favorite candy is probably M&M's or KitKats.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Plain M & M's are the best at Halloween time

or any time holiday or not.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Plain M&M’s for Texas. Not for me, now peanut M&M’s is another thing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brisky wrote:
I am from Colorado and I wasn't a total nerd in school.
I would go with Chocolate bars.

@Brisky   According to CandyStore who collected data for the past 11 years regarding Halloween candy-Twix was the most favorite in Colorado in 2018.

Nerds wouldn't even cross my mind for that state, especially with Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  Yum!!! 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

In my state they got it right...Reese's.