Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Childhood Foods

@FlyersGirl  Too neat to find someone with the same happy memory! Smiley Happy  I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, just saw this. 

Wow, hard to imagine those prices nowadays! 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does anyone else remember Fruit Stripe gum?  We used to make "necklaces" out of the wrappers.

My parents wouldn't prepare or eat fried food.  But a babysitter (also a friend of my dad's, so he got away with this) took us all out to a "chicken in a basket" (i.e., fried chicken) restaurant for lunch once--I'd never eaten anything so delicious.  I felt that way the first time I had Chinese food, too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

I used to love Pop Tarts, Frosted Flakes, & Chef Boyardee Ravioli. I can’t eat those anymore. I still love a PB&J sandwich though. 

@Burnsite 

I remember Fruit Stripe Gum. We chewed a lot of gum back when we were kids. My favorite was Juicy Fruit. 

Super Contributor

Ebingers Black-Out cake-WOW that takes me back--loved that cake--back to my home in Brooklyn, NY--good memories----------------marynj

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  Tastycake blueberry pie; Chef Boyardee Pizza mix; Fizzies (Rootbeer was my favorite!).

blueberry pie.jpg

pizza.jpg

fizzies.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I dont recaqll musch of my childhood as I was locked in a board school but later in my youth, I loved Mille Feuille.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Jordan2  Tastycake blueberry pie; Chef Boyardee Pizza mix; Fizzies (Rootbeer was my favorite!).

blueberry pie.jpg

pizza.jpg

fizzies.jpg

@PA Mom-mom when I was a kid I wanted an Easy Bake Oven. My parents couldn't afford it, I got a Chef Boyardee Pizza Party Oven, not exactly the same thing!

Trusted Contributor

wow @PA Mom-mom!  I have never, ever found anyone else that liked root beer fizzies!   They were my all time favorite! 

and I loved blueberry tastykake pie too.  Heart

Honored Contributor

I have been thinking about this and wa stalking to husband.  We both remember  a favorite food was Swanson TV dinner  the fried chicken in the aluminum tray.  It was so special we only got it whe parents went out.  Lol.  The chicken was good and crispy, but omg it took forever to cook in the oven  it had chicken 2-3 pieces ...a wing, drumstick and maybe a thigh, then it had a section of mashed potatoes with a big pat of butter on it, and the final section was peas and carrots.  They cost like 29 cents  in those days you could almost buy 5 popsicles for that money. I think tey were 6 cenTs each Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vanilla ice cream with Hershey's chocolate syrup all over it.  Took thespoon and stirred it up.  So good.  Once ate it as a chip dip.

My family had ice cream with the syrup on top every Wed. after groceries, watching Sea Hunt on t.v.  

LOL 

At the movies, it had to be Milk Duds.