Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Childhood Foods

@SuesCat   We'd do cream cheese and jelly on saltines, haven't done this in an age either!

Oh wait - I have all three right now! Heading to the kitchen!!!!

Honored Contributor

Franco American Spaghetti

f5d592ab0da8a99b50a07f3fcdfecd37.jpg

Fried Bologna Sandwiches

images.jpg

Jello--- 

jello.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@SuesCat   We'd do cream cheese and jelly on saltines, haven't done this in an age either!

Oh wait - I have all three right now! Heading to the kitchen!!!!

@PINKdogWOOD I'm not sure because I don't buy them ( they were never as good when they substituted the cream for the peanut butter). My father loved Snowballs, they still sell them and I think Twinkies too ( I always liked Hostess over Drakes for the most part).

Honored Contributor

French toast

Baked beans

Creamcicles

Esteemed Contributor

It was not until I got to college that I realized that all, I mean all, meals were home made.  She was good too.  Can not identify with many items mentioned here.  Still shocked to see things like pancake mix for sale.

Respected Contributor

My mom used to make crepe suzettes.

Honored Contributor

My eating habits haven't changed all that much; no food has been eliminated, I just probably don't eat it as often.
Trusted Contributor

Nabisco heyday cookies. 

Esteemed Contributor

My mother grew up in a Hungarian family.  So every once in awhile, for really special occasions, she would make dobos torte.  Amazing, delicious and so hard to make. It would take her all day!  She would make it with twelve layers!  Have not had it since a little girl!  Thick layer of caramel and chocolate cream between the layers!!

From the Internet--   "József C. Dobos left a many-layered legacy that's considered a symbol of Hungary. It's called Dobos Torte, an elegant caramel-coated cake which, when cut into, becomes even better--because once you get past that eloquent exterior, you'll find several (between 7 and 11) layers of delicate sponge cake sandwiched with a luscious chocolate butter cream"...

Honored Contributor

Saltine crackers and butter.  

Bologna sandwiches with peanut butter and mayo.