Honored Contributor

Are there any foods you loved growing up you no longer eat? Growing up I loved Ebingers Blackout Cake, it was the best. I also liked Burrys Scooter Pies ( like a Moon Pie in the South), and Butoni wagon wheel pasta.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite Childhood Foods

Devil Dogs & Ring Dings. Also loved Cambells tomatoe rice soup.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Devil Dogs & Ring Dings. Also loved Cambells tomatoe rice soup.

@NicksmomESQ do you remember when Drake's Funny Bones had actual peanut butter in them rather than the peanut butter cream they put in it later on?

Honored Contributor

Baking biscotti and other cookies with my mom every Saturday.

Seriously, I can smell the aroma of anise seed and Anisette right now...............

We used to also make pasta from scratch.  She had some type of hand turning pasta cutter machine.  

Also, for lasagna, she had a small, hand held pasta cutter with zig-zag wheel.   

'Funny'.......... I love the scent of Anisette and anise.  I have always kept a small dish of star anise by my bedside.  

It's comforting.  And it 'dawned on me', only a few years ago, why I love the scent. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Valomilk Cups.

Honored Contributor

Hostess pies....wonder white bread....taco time tacos... peanut butter and butter sandwich....Slurpee from 7-11... to name a few!

Respected Contributor

Also loved Scooter pies.  Buitoni pastina.  In the frozen food section, either they don't make them anymore or just can't find them.......Howard Johnson's Blueberry flavored Toastees.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Moon Pies ............ Rice Krispies

Esteemed Contributor

I had a lot of bologna sandwiches for my school lunches and at home, Mom would fix hot dogs periodically. I won't touch either one now.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Big Wheels

Yodels

Suzy Q's

Ring Dings

Funny Bones

Quisp Cereal

Shapees

Dells Ice Tea

Snack pack pudding