Esteemed Contributor

Favorite Childhood Desserts Or Candy🥰

I was thinking of this as I was deciding on what to make for dessert for Memorial Day. My dear mother was an avid baker, but  made the BEST peach cobbler and sweet potato pies ( my favorites) that ever pleased the tastebuds! She baked for EVERY occasion, and function you can think of for family, friends, school and church members❤. Her desserts ALWAYS disappeared first at any event, but especially family reunions.🥰

My favorite candies were Lemon Heads and Big Hunk nougat type candy bars. I also liked Sugar Babies.😁

What are some of your favorite heart hugging dessert/candy memories from your childhood?.💝

~~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Childhood Desserts Or Candy🥰

[ Edited ]

jello instant chocolate pudding. Mom let me mix it with the rotary hand mixer. Also chocolate chip ice cream

candy, Slo-Pokes and milk duds

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

homemade chocolate chip cookies 

milk duds, cherry mash, Hershey bars

Super Contributor

My all time favorites and still are -  banana pudding and cherry cobbler

Candy:  Mallo Cup - used to save the cards enclosed and then sent off for a package of 10 or 20. 

Super Contributor

@SandySparklesJust reread your post and saw Big Hunk.  We could not get this candy in my neck of the woods and a friend from Texas used to mail me several of them at one time.  Boy, are they good!

Esteemed Contributor

Atomic Fire Balls Candy

Lemon Drops

Nestle Tollhouse Cookies

Blondie Brownies 

😃❤️😃❤️😃❤️😃❤️😃

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the store bought snowball cupcakes that were pink and  had 2 in a pack.  We called them lunch cakes, they would be in vending machines back in the day...lol...my dad would bring them home from his work vending machine as I was as happy as if you had given me gold...lol... I don't even know if they still make them....but now I'm craving one!

Super Contributor

My grandma would make me a lemon icebox pie all the time 😋 Heart

Also loved Astro Pops, Goo Goo Clusters and Boston Baked Beans 😋 Heart

Respected Contributor

I also love peach cobbler along with chocolate or yellow cake with chocolate frosting. 

My grandma used to buy full size Hershey chocolate bars and keep them in the fridge.  What a treat it was when she offered one up.

Trusted Contributor

@sugarbee I loved the Mallo Cup candy and I saved the cards too.....lol😍 I don't know if you can still get them.