Respected Contributor

Re: Fauci: I don't think we should shake hands 'ever again

Dr Fauci is best when he sticks to hard medicine/science. he's the cop on that beat. Dr Birx is more open to new ways. they balance each other out.

as for predictions, not his strong suit. !!

Honored Contributor

Even though I participated in the hand shake of peace, I've never been terribly fond of it.  I'd be just as happy to do something like a head nod.

Trusted Contributor

Good. I hate shaking hands.  A, I have severe arthritis.  B, I don't want to touch strangers.

Honored Contributor

We can:

Bow to each other in respect

Gentlemen can tip their hats (40's)

Ladies can curtsie

we can elbow bump

fist pump

lock elbows and skip together

Many things we can do.  oh, wink hello to each other. 

What'd I leave out?

Respected Contributor

Just read this:

"Jackson and Coker, a healthcare staffing firm, did a survey of  doctors nationwide and found that 65 percent would prescribe the drug to their family if they were infected with the Wuhan coronavirus, with 67 percent saying they would take the drug themselves:

Jackson & Coker conducted the survey of 1,271 physicians from 50 states from April 4 to April 7. It conducted the survey not to influence the debate in treating patients with anti-malarials but to make sure the voice of physicians is represented. It has a margin of error of +/- 3 percent with a 95 percent confidence level of the doctors surveyed."

And don't forget that Dr. Fauci admitted that he would take the drug himself if he were infected.

But due to his "it's not proven" and the press hysteria - another survey I read indicates that only 13% of doctors actually treating covid patients are offering it.

Wow - it's fine for doctors and their families - but apparently not for you and me.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

We can:

Bow to each other in respect

Gentlemen can tip their hats (40's)

Ladies can curtsie

we can elbow bump

fist pump

lock elbows and skip together

Many things we can do.  oh, wink hello to each other. 

What'd I leave out?

@qualitygal  i have always appreciated a warm genuine smile to forced contact.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I can do without the hand shaking.  We used to have a short period in church where people would greet each other.  In the choir that mostly meant hand shaking.  I would just nod to people.  They knew, especially if it was close to time for my ski trip, I wasn't shaking hands.  They probably thought I was a germaphobe, but I don't care.  And then there's that hand holding thing.  I would always find a way to hold a book or something so all someone could grab would be my little finger.  

All my friends know I'm not a hugger.  It's not a germ thing. I'm just not comfortable hugging people, even family.  I'm mostly a socially distanced person anyways regardless of this virus or not.  I don't want to sit too close together either; I'll move chairs if I can.  I hate crowds.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never been a fan of handshaking. As an confirmed introvert, I've always found it awkward and a little uncomfortable. Offering the sign of peace at Mass has never been a peaceful experience for me. 

I really like the alternative that Prince Charles was using in the early Covid-19 days before social distancing became the norm. 

A9093B93-9EFF-4986-87AC-FA9761EF87A2.jpeg

I much prefer that approach or even a more simple bow as is common in a lot of Asia. I would prefer to greet others without getting in each other's personal space or swapping germs. 

Sending all of you a warm Namaste greeting. 🙏🏻

B637C044-6DCB-4C96-AF16-69AC5F4E82E8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@SeaMaiden   My opinion of this guy is not a popular one.  He may have a lot of intellect, but no intelligence.  He's got quite a checkered history and is obviously pro-big pharma.  That's all I'm sayin.....

@jellyBEAN- No intelligence?  This doctor graduated first in his class from Cornell Medical College and has been intrumental in many medical breakthroughs.

"Big-pharma" plays an important role in producing many of the life-saving medicines we have today.  And his father was a pharmacist so, I guess that makes him "pro big-pharma", does it?

As for the "checkered history", could you give us some concrete facts about that?  Otherwise, it's just nasty, harmful gossip about a man who's devoted his life to researching and helping those afflicted by many immunological diseases.

He has had an illustrious career to date.

"That's all I'm sayin..."

(BTW:  Look up the definition of intelligence:

"a particular mind or intelligence, especially of a high order" )

Trusted Contributor

@wildcat fan 

Hindsight is always 20/20.