Respected Contributor

Re: Fauci: I don't think we should shake hands 'ever again

Thank heavens!   I've been in too many public restrooms where people just skip the handwashing and run out the door.  I carry tissues in my pocket to open "those" doors.   Who raised these people anyway ... wolves? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I think he is wrong about "never" shaking hands again.

People will.

Just like he was wrong when he said "200,000 people will die!!!!!!!!" , when (at the time that he said it) we were not even at 10,000 here in the States, or at 50,000 globally.

People treat every word that this man says as gospel, like he can never be wrong.

Oh, and people will hug again too.

He words are also repeatedly taken out of context and/or truncated.

As to the number of projected deaths what about the if we don't social distance, stay at home, etc. part that doesn't get included when being referenced or the fact that as one number changes so do the balance of the numbers.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

I'm a hugger.  I like to hug people.  I don't know what to do now.  

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

I have to laugh at the digs being hurled at "big pharma"..........What other companies have the staffed laboratories, scientists,  and production  capacity to develop and supply the drugs that we need?

Seems to me we need "bigger pharma" in this country.........not everyone loves being dependent on China to produce things that make us well or save our lives.

There are a lot of complaints about big pharma and some of them are legit and some are not. I don't believe that "big pharma" is hiding a cure for cancer because they make more money from treatments than cures, for example.

But Americans pay more for prescription drugs than any other nation and I think that's a problem. We have a weird system. The retail price on my asthma inhaler is $500. I can get a coupon that makes it $137. With insurance, it was $175 for three of them. In Canada, it's $89. When insulin went up to $400 a bottle here, it was $21 in Canada.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

All I know is that Dr Fauci is the one individual I trust. He tells the truth. When others spin their tales, he is straight with us. Americans know the difference between happy talk and reality.

ABSOLUTELY.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I think he is wrong about "never" shaking hands again.

People will.

Just like he was wrong when he said "200,000 people will die!!!!!!!!" , when (at the time that he said it) we were not even at 10,000 here in the States, or at 50,000 globally.

People treat every word that this man says as gospel, like he can never be wrong.

Oh, and people will hug again too.

He words are also repeatedly taken out of context and/or truncated.

As to the number of projected deaths what about the if we don't social distance, stay at home, etc. part that doesn't get included when being referenced or the fact that as one number changes so do the balance of the numbers.

The social distancing was included in the predictions once we shut down.  The predictions have since been reduced significantly

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a member of his fan club, but have always thought handshaking to be a pointless, rather stupid, archaic and unhygienic practice.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Many of these temporary changes should be implemented long term. I would bet that the regular flu season would be at least 50% less deadly.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

All I know is that Dr Fauci is the one individual I trust. He tells the truth. When others spin their tales, he is straight with us. Americans know the difference between happy talk and reality.

Dr. Fauci is the man who said this about COVID-19 on January 21:

". . .this is not a major threat for the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”

There is a video clip of him saying that in an interview with Greg Kelly of News Max.  

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

ABSOLUTELY.

So what is "reality?"  Don't take any drugs that haven't been "proven to work."  Wait for the vaccine - and if you die in the meantime - so sad.