Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Fauci: I don't think we should shake hands 'ever again

I don't think we should ever shake hands ever again, to be honest with you. Not only would it be good to prevent coronavirus disease; it probably would decrease instances of influenza dramatically in this country," the doctor added.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fauci: I don't think we should shake hands 'ever again

@SeaMaiden   My opinion of this guy is not a popular one.  He may have a lot of intellect, but no intelligence.  He's got quite a checkered history and is obviously pro-big pharma.  That's all I'm sayin.....

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I heard that too.Interesting!! Hand shaking has been the norm in greeting people for the longest time.I guess elbow bumping will become the new normal.

I feel in more ways than one society will never be the same again.That's scary. Only time will tell how it all plays out.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  And I guess this will be the end of hugs and air-kisses on QVC.  Thankfully.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I agree.  And I guess this will be the end of hugs and air-kisses on QVC.  Thankfully.

@ValuSkr  Ahhh.....something good to come out of the crisis 👍😄

Honored Contributor

I can live without shaking hands!  Many cultures don't.  

Fauci is the best public voice we have.  If he gets run off we'll be stuck with fantasy island.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I don't think we should ever shake hands ever again, to be honest with you. Not only would it be good to prevent coronavirus disease; it probably would decrease instances of influenza dramatically in this country," the doctor added.

====================================================

ITA!  I just couldn't agree more!  I have a PT job dealing with the public and usually see the same people everyday.  Two men in particular always want to shake my hand when they see me.  For what???  Geesh!  And what's worse is, one of them can't keep his hands off me ... a handshake, a back rub, a neck massage.  Before the shutdown, I'd told te receptionist to warn me when he arrives so I could go hide.  I call him "Mr. Touchy-Feely". 

Then, there's there "cultural" thing with my co-workers;  daily fist-bumps, hand-slaps, and hugs (PLEEZE!  WHY must I "hug" you when I see you everyday?)

While I was standing in line at Costco, I saw 2 men fist-bump eachother with gloves on!

Then, there are the people who go to work sick.

Sharing office phones when you're sick, hugging when you're sick, hand-shakes when you're sick ... No thanks!

Good riddance!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@SeaMaiden   My opinion of this guy is not a popular one.  He may have a lot of intellect, but no intelligence.  He's got quite a checkered history and is obviously pro-big pharma.  That's all I'm sayin.....

@jellyBEAN 

What's the correlation between hand shaking and big pharma?

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@jellyBEAN 

I don't know about his "checkered history" but without big pharma (and I'm not a big pharma fan) we won't get a vaccine for COVID-19 and that would be a really bad thing.

It's not just going to evaporate in a couple months, never to return.

Contrary to some reports..................

Honored Contributor

A little OT maybe, but the air kiss thing just reminded me that I had ShopHQ on this morning (I think that's their latest name) and the OSO Casual woman was standing like 3 feet away from the model.  First of all, she shouldn't even BE there and secondly, if I were that model I'd have to tell her to back away.

Dummies.