Honored Contributor

Re: Fats Domino Dead at 89 Yrs.

[ Edited ]

Wow.  If I was playing the game ‘Dead or Alive’ yesterday and 

his name came up...I would’ve so lost. I thought he was old back

in the 50’s.  

Esteemed Contributor

I Danced to his music in the 40,s.  We did the BOP to BY. I was about 10. He, was eight years older.

Trusted Contributor

RIP Fats
Respected Contributor

The world will miss his beautiful smile. I was pretty young when he was popular but not too young to enjoy it. I had no idea he was so much older than I was. Back then artists were given a chance to mature; today if you’re not a music star in your teens, it’s almost too late.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom

@SunValley wrote:

The world will miss his beautiful smile. I was pretty young when he was popular but not too young to enjoy it. I had no idea he was so much older than I was. Back then artists were given a chance to mature; today if you’re not a music star in your teens, it’s almost too late.

He had to be 18 when I danced to him, but and I know I was around 8 or 10, because it was Halloween night and we were standing on the corner in front of the drugstore on 3rd and Oakdale in the Bayview District of San Francisco, before all the danger of today, doing the BOP.  I thought he was old then, but I was only eight years behind him.  He must of just been starting out with Imperial records.  I'm 81 now, but I thought he was dead already.  WOW!

Honored Contributor

Tribute to Fats from Paul McCartney

Paul McCartney issued a statement on his website on Thursday remembering the legendary rocker.

“Rest in peace Fats Domino, the great rock ’n’ roll pianist and singer who thrilled us in our early days in Liverpool,” he writes. “His hit records like ‘Ain’t That A Shame’, ‘Blueberry Hill’, ‘I’m In Love Again’ and many others introduced us to the sounds of New Orleans rock ‘n’ roll. We were excited to meet Fats once in his home town of New Orleans. He was wearing a huge star spangled diamond encrusted watch which was our first encounter with bling! His voice, piano playing and musical style was a huge influence on us and his appearance in the film ‘The Girl Can’t Help It’ was truly magnificent. As one of my favourite rock ‘n’ roll singers, I will remember him fondly and always think of him with that twinkle in his eye. I read that he had eight children. He himself was named Antoine. His kids were named Antoine III, Anatole, Andre, Antonio, Antoinette, Andrea, Anola and Adonica. Now that is pure Fats!”

Source: Yahoo News and Variety

I love the tidbit Sir Paul Heart gives about Fats' kids' names!  

Sir Paul = a class act.  Very nice tribute to Fats.