Respected Contributor

Re: Father charged after daughter kills a man & Dog driving SUV

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

I don't believe a 12 year old is legally able to drive ... who let her get 

behind the wheel ....??

Oh, more fathers do that foolishness than anyone wants to believe.  It's usually boys and it's usually men who are car or truck afficianados.  They teach  little kids to drive,  sometimes holding them on their laps and letting them steer because the kids can't reach the brakes and gas.  They think it's cute until something like this happens.  

Some people are just idiots .....

Respected Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

I don't believe a 12 year old is legally able to drive ... who let her get 

behind the wheel ....??

Oh, more fathers do that foolishness than anyone wants to believe.  It's usually boys and it's usually men who are car or truck afficianados.  They teach  little kids to drive,  sometimes holding them on their laps and letting them steer because the kids can't reach the brakes and gas.  They think it's cute until something like this happens.  

Some people are just idiots .....

I don't mean you Chrystaltree .. I mean the father ......

Trusted Contributor

I didn’t read whether he gave his daughter permission to get in and drive. It’s possible she did that on her own and he didn’t know what was happening. I can’t be angry at the father. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddie wrote:

I didn’t read whether he gave his daughter permission to get in and drive. It’s possible she did that on her own and he didn’t know what was happening. I can’t be angry at the father. 

@Teddie,  the father knew the girl was behind the wheel and knew the toddler was in the back seat. 

Excerpt from:  theepochtimes.com/12-year-old-drives-car-into-man-and-dog-killing-them-police_3044802.html

The 12-year-old girl was driving a black Ford Explorer at around 4:25 p.m. at the Wilshire Apartments on Aug. 15, a Houston Police Department spokesman told the Epoch Times.

The girl’s father was a passenger at the time.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Teddie,  the father knew the girl was behind the wheel and knew the toddler was in the back seat. 

The 12-year-old girl was driving a black Ford Explorer at around 4:25 p.m. at the Wilshire Apartments on Aug. 15, a Houston Police Department spokesman told the Epoch Times.

The girl’s father was a passenger at the time.

Sorry @Marp, I missed seeing the father was a passenger. Only saw that there was a two year old on board. 

Respected Contributor

I am glad the dad is being charged and hope that he doesnt get off with a slap on the hand. Two lives were lost because of stupidity and carelessness.  What a shame. And he put his two kids in danger. And what a thing that 12 year old girl now has to live with the rest of her life, at least if she can even understand the full gravity of her actions.  

I think it is fine if you want to give your kids a chance to drive. Find an empty parking lot.  

Honored Contributor

That daughter should be charged as well.