Honored Contributor

Re: Father and toddler kicked off a plane

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

She couldn't have been too bad, the passangers all stuck up for them. The child carried from the plane was very docile looking

That's because she had gotten her way and the father was holding her. From what I've read of the incident she was fine until she had to sit in her own seat and be buckled in.Which are federal laws before the plane can take off.

No @151949

The father was NOT holding her.  It's in the article, the child was IN HER SEAT BEFORE they were told to get off.

Yes and the video of the entire scenario is easily googled. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@sidsmomwrote:

FAA Regulations.

Every passenger must be in the seat.

M.a.y.b.e the flight was expected lots of turbulence.

If this passenger can’t obey the seatbelt rules while on the ground,

there will be an FAA Regulation Safety issue while in the air.

The child WAS IN HER SEAT.

@Noel7

was the SEAT BELT ON!

I already commented on that @Spurt  See previous post.  It was reported the father had set her up in the seat.  If she did not have her seat belt on, it was the attendant's job to say it was necessary and offer to help.  None of that happened, I take "set up in her seat" to mean buckled in.  IT WAS NOT SAID SHE WASN'T.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

She couldn't have been too bad, the passangers all stuck up for them. The child carried from the plane was very docile looking

That's because she had gotten her way and the father was holding her. From what I've read of the incident she was fine until she had to sit in her own seat and be buckled in.Which are federal laws before the plane can take off.

No @151949

The father was NOT holding her.  It's in the article, the child was IN HER SEAT BEFORE they were told to get off.

But not when it was decided to turn the plane around and go back!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

I thought they were on plane. It wasn't a taxi...lol   Planes, buses, trains leave when they scheduled to leave.  She wasn't going to calm down anyway.  She was scared, the experience was new to her that kid was going hoop and hollar and cry for the entire flight. They did the right thing in making him leave.  The other people on the plane should have been forced to put up with something like that.  

@chrystaltree

She DID calm down.  Even another passenger reported that.  She was calm and IN HER SEAT.

Honored Contributor

@151949wrote:

Anyone who has ever had to fly with a kid behind them having a tantrum and kicking the back of your seat for HOURS could totally understand this decision. I tolerated this once on a very short flight from Orlando to Key West. That was enough. I was about ready to scream at that kid, while the father did NOTHING! I think the correct decision was made.

We flew to London once and the brat sitting in back of my husband kicked my husband's seat almost the entire time.  The mother wouldn't make him stop and the flight attendant just pretended nothing was happened.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

No @151949

There are so many people here who obviously did not read the article and are making unfounded assumptions.  All for the chance to go after a child.  Exactly what I was talking about @Trinity11

Honored Contributor

@151949wrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

No @151949

But not when it was decided to turn the plane around and go back!

It was BEFORE they were told to get off.  For goodness sake, read the article @151949

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

@cherrywrote:

I don't think she was an unmanageable child , she was just a scared little tyke, that is a huge difference

Then daddy should have put his child first and got off the plane and comforted her and walked around the airport with her to familiarizer her with the environment.....and then booked another flight.  

Exactly.

This passenger was not being compliant before the video began.

They were exhibiting signs they were not going to abide by the

FAA Safety Regulations for the entire flight, so action had to be 

taken before moving the aircraft. 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

No @151949

There are so many people here who obviously did not read the article and are making unfounded assumptions.  All for the chance to go after a child.  Exactly what I was talking about @Trinity11

That's true because smart people do not click on any link they happened to see.  How do you think computer viruses and malware happen?  That's why people who post should give a brief synopsis of the story or people are going to jump to conclusions.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmomwrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@cherrywrote:

I don't think she was an unmanageable child , she was just a scared little tyke, that is a huge difference

Then daddy should have put his child first and got off the plane and comforted her and walked around the airport with her to familiarizer her with the environment.....and then booked another flight.  

Exactly.

This passenger was not being compliant before the video began.

They were exhibiting signs they were not going to abide by the

FAA Safety Regulations for the entire flight, so action had to be 

taken before moving the aircraft. 

OMG, that's all supposition and fantasy Woman LOL  None of that happened, you want to think it was going to.