Honored Contributor

Re: Father and toddler kicked off a plane

We traveled years ago where a small boy of about 5 was having a rough time. He was on his way to a hospital for a second opinion on his cancer treatment. Little did we know years later we would be seeking a second opinion on our 3 year old son's coronary aneurysms and how to deal with surgical intervention. We were a wreck that he might have angina on the flight and someone would complain.

Not all children on flights are going for a vacation and some may be very ill...

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

I thought they were on plane. It wasn't a taxi...lol   Planes, buses, trains leave when they scheduled to leave.  She wasn't going to calm down anyway.  She was scared, the experience was new to her that kid was going hoop and hollar and cry for the entire flight. They did the right thing in making him leave.  The other people on the plane should have been forced to put up with something like that.  

@chrystaltree

She DID calm down.  Even another passenger reported that.  She was calm and IN HER SEAT.

@Noel7

Do you need some popcorn?

Don't make me turn this plane around! Smiley Very Happy

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

We traveled years ago where a small boy of about 5 was having a rough time. He was on his way to a hospital for a second opinion on his cancer treatment. Little did we know years later we would be seeking a second opinion on our 3 year old son's coronary aneurysms and how to deal with surgical intervention. We were a wreck that he might have angina on the flight and someone would complain.

Not all children on flights are going for a vacation and some may be very ill...

@Trinity11

I was thinking about that, also.  We have no idea why he was traveling with her alone or why or where they were going.  It could have been important.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

She couldn't have been too bad, the passangers all stuck up for them. The child carried from the plane was very docile looking

That's because she had gotten her way and the father was holding her. From what I've read of the incident she was fine until she had to sit in her own seat and be buckled in.Which are federal laws before the plane can take off.

No @151949

The father was NOT holding her.  It's in the article, the child was IN HER SEAT BEFORE they were told to get off.

Yes and the video of the entire scenario is easily googled. 

There are so many people here who obviously did not read the article and are making unfounded assumptions.  All for the chance to go after a child.  Exactly what I was talking about @Trinity11

That's true because smart people do not click on any link they happened to see.  How do you think computer viruses and malware happen?  That's why people who post should give a brief synopsis of the story or people are going to jump to conclusions.

Agree about clicking links, that is why smart people Google a story and read it for themselves, as much info as possible. 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12wrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

She couldn't have been too bad, the passangers all stuck up for them. The child carried from the plane was very docile looking

That's because she had gotten her way and the father was holding her. From what I've read of the incident she was fine until she had to sit in her own seat and be buckled in.Which are federal laws before the plane can take off.

No @151949

The father was NOT holding her.  It's in the article, the child was IN HER SEAT BEFORE they were told to get off.

Yes and the video of the entire scenario is easily googled. 

There are so many people here who obviously did not read the article and are making unfounded assumptions.  All for the chance to go after a child.  Exactly what I was talking about @Trinity11

That's true because smart people do not click on any link they happened to see.  How do you think computer viruses and malware happen?  That's why people who post should give a brief synopsis of the story or people are going to jump to conclusions.

Agree about clicking links, that is why smart people Google a story and read it for themselves, as much info as possible. 

Hi @Mj12

ITA, there are alternatives. I read the ABC report.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11wrote:

@Trinity11

Sorry to hear that about your son's coronary aneurysms and hope he is okay and healthy now.....But I hope you gave the attendant a heads up about his condition so she could treat the situation in the proper manner should something occur...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Trinity11

Sorry to hear that about your son's coronary aneurysms and hope he is okay and healthy now.....But I hope you gave the attendant a heads up about his condition so she could treat the situation in the proper manner should something occur...........

Yes, and his physician helped with proper medications.

My son just turned 33 and is doing well. Thanks for asking. It was touch and go for many years...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@Spurtwrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Trinity11

Yes, and his physician helped with proper medications.

My son just turned 33 and is doing well. Thanks for asking. It was touch and go for many years...

@Trinity11

Glad your son is doing well..... And glad everything worked out.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I can’t help but think of it on another level:

If a car was traveling down the interstate, going 80mph,

that child has to be in the car seat.

Yes, the child was buckled up in the seat when we pulled out

of the driveway, but if they unbuckle & are moving about 

the car while on the highways, that’s going to be a problem.

”Ok Kids...make yourself happy. Crawl around the car.

We want to make you happy....anything to make you happy.

But if the Police pull up, get back into your seat & buckle up.”

That thought is not OK. Seatbelts are there for a reason.  

For that very nano-second, in the driveway buckled up,

the child is safe but beyond that, being out of their seat, they aren’t.

If the police are driving behind you w/ the kids jumping around

the car or sitting in your lap, that’s going to be a problem. 

If they wait to get the child in the seat & send you on your way

only to see the kids jumping around the car or sitting in your lap

5 minutes later...that’s going to be a problem. 

If one wants to break rules/Regulations/laws, fine.

Just don’t endanger your child with that thought.

And this passenger, on the airplane. was exhibiting signs

they were not going to abide by these rules/Regulations. 

That’s going to be a problem.