Honored Contributor

Re: Father and toddler kicked off a plane

@Noel7wrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

She couldn't have been too bad, the passangers all stuck up for them. The child carried from the plane was very docile looking

That's because she had gotten her way and the father was holding her. From what I've read of the incident she was fine until she had to sit in her own seat and be buckled in.Which are federal laws before the plane can take off.

No @151949

The father was NOT holding her.  It's in the article, the child was IN HER SEAT BEFORE they were told to get off.

Yes and the video of the entire scenario is easily googled. 

There are so many people here who obviously did not read the article and are making unfounded assumptions.  All for the chance to go after a child.  Exactly what I was talking about @Trinity11

@Noel7 I chock it up to ignorance and a lack of understanding regarding child development and what is normal behavior. Children are not animals either where training can make them docile and subservient to their master. Although I have often read posts here where people claim to prefer animals to people. One post once someone said if a building was on fire, they'd choose to save an animal over a human being. After that, I knew kids were not high on the list either..

Esteemed Contributor

"It’s not a “calm down” thing.

It’s a ‘not-safely-secured-in-the-seat” thing."

Exactly. As I understand it the plane was taxiing for takeoff when the child wouldn't sit in her seat with her seat belt buckled and the plane had to turn around. It wasn't until the plane had already turned back that the man got the child to sit. So what was the pilot supposed to do? Turn around yet again and hope the kid decided to stayed put? And if she didn't he would do what...turn around again? 

The video I saw on ABC doesn't start until the child finally sat. It doesn't show anything that lead to the pilot's decision to return to the gate. It also showed the father calling the flight attendant a smart a** and a hard a** which more than likely is considered to be confrontational. Not a smart thing to do while simultaneously asking for preferential treatment!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam We are going have to agree to disagree on this one.I too have flown quite a bit & I think that a little understanding would go a long way.It takes time to throw someone off of a plane.That time would be better spent trying to work it out rather than bullying passengers just because you can!! JMO

A little compassion goes a long way!!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

She couldn't have been too bad, the passangers all stuck up for them. The child carried from the plane was very docile looking

That's because she had gotten her way and the father was holding her. From what I've read of the incident she was fine until she had to sit in her own seat and be buckled in.Which are federal laws before the plane can take off.

No @151949

The father was NOT holding her.  It's in the article, the child was IN HER SEAT BEFORE they were told to get off.

There are so many people here who obviously did not read the article and are making unfounded assumptions.  All for the chance to go after a child.  Exactly what I was talking about @Trinity11

That's true because smart people do not click on any link they happened to see.  How do you think computer viruses and malware happen?  That's why people who post should give a brief synopsis of the story or people are going to jump to conclusions.

Woman LOL

No, it's because they don't care about the facts.  Clear as day, some are making it up as they go along.

Nope, Cherry already checked the link and knows enough to spot a problem.  We see it all the time, people who don't know the facts and are not interested in actual facts. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

No @151949

That's true because smart people do not click on any link they happened to see.  How do you think computer viruses and malware happen?  That's why people who post should give a brief synopsis of the story or people are going to jump to conclusions.

I was interested enough to look it up. You know what they say about making assumptions without proof? 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

I thought they were on plane. It wasn't a taxi...lol   Planes, buses, trains leave when they scheduled to leave.  She wasn't going to calm down anyway.  She was scared, the experience was new to her that kid was going hoop and hollar and cry for the entire flight. They did the right thing in making him leave.  The other people on the plane should have been forced to put up with something like that.  

@chrystaltree

She DID calm down.  Even another passenger reported that.  She was calm and IN HER SEAT.

@Noel7

Do you need some popcorn?

Honored Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

@sidsmomwrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@cherrywrote:

I don't think she was an unmanageable child , she was just a scared little tyke, that is a huge difference

Then daddy should have put his child first and got off the plane and comforted her and walked around the airport with her to familiarizer her with the environment.....and then booked another flight.  

Exactly.

This passenger was not being compliant before the video began.

They were exhibiting signs they were not going to abide by the

FAA Safety Regulations for the entire flight, so action had to be 

taken before moving the aircraft. 

OMG, that's all supposition and fantasy Woman LOL  None of that happened, you want to think it was going to.

I agree with FAA Safety Regulations.

I agree with Southwest Airlines.

Facts are facts.

If a passenger (and for those who picked up on this....I PURPOSELLY use the term ‘passenger’ and not child) is not abiding those Safety rules, which could endanger my life on this flight, they need to be removed,   Again, doesn’t matter what age...1, 16, 40, 60, 100yr old.  Not exhibiting signs to abide by the rules, off they go. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@151949wrote:

@cherrywrote:

No @151949

@Noel7 I chock it up to ignorance and a lack of understanding regarding child development and what is normal behavior. Children are not animals either where training can make them docile and subservient to their master. Although I have often read posts here where people claim to prefer animals to people. One post once someone said if a building was on fire, they'd choose to save an animal over a human being. After that, I knew kids were not high on the list either..

@Trinity11

Yes, I've seen those posts, too.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7wrote:

@Spurtwrote:

@Noel7wrote:

There are so many people around nowadays who don't particularly like children, and for sure they don't know much about them.

Its a matter of being able to distinguish the difference between parents who take an actual interest to raise and teach their children discipline and how to act in public, and having well behaved children that are a pleasure to be around...and then there are those those that are lousy parents and produce undisciplined kids that we as a public have to put up with and suffer inconveniences of their poor parenting skills..............

That's not what I am referring to, @Spurt

We see people all the time who take every opportunity to attack children, including those young teens brave enough to march.  Children on planes are always a target. 
There are so many people who actually have no clue what children are about and what is normal for them, and they couldn't care less, either.  As if they had never been so unfortunate as to have been a child.  I am definitely not referring to you @Spurt

@Noel7

A friend of mine took her 6 yr old grandson to a movie, and I went along, afterwards we went to a restaurant, there was a little girl sitting beside us at the next table...she was just delightful already taught manners, such a sweet little girl age 3 I learned....I complimented her family on such a delightful child........  And my friend's grandson is a great little guy too......I have friends that are school teachers and wish you could hear their stories...they teach from pre-kinder to 4th grade.....

@Trinity11 And if a child doesnt learn some sort of discipline its going to be difficult for them to cope in society....when they enter pre-kinder, elementary school, middle school,  through high school, college, and in the work place it all requires discipline .....whether its behaving in public places as a kid, or going to a job everyday as a middle aged adult
!....  

Today instead of discipline if parents cant control their kids they take them to a psychiatrist who merely puts them on drugs, sadly the real problem is not chemical imbalance causing serious issues its a behavior problem....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sidsmomwrote:

@Noel7wrote:

@sidsmomwrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@cherrywrote:

I don't think she was an unmanageable child , she was just a scared little tyke, that is a huge difference

Then daddy should have put his child first and got off the plane and comforted her and walked around the airport with her to familiarizer her with the environment.....and then booked another flight.  

Exactly.

This passenger was not being compliant before the video began.

They were exhibiting signs they were not going to abide by the

FAA Safety Regulations for the entire flight, so action had to be 

taken before moving the aircraft. 

OMG, that's all supposition and fantasy Woman LOL  None of that happened, you want to think it was going to.

I agree with FAA Safety Regulations.

I agree with Southwest Airlines.

Facts are facts.

If a passenger (and for those who picked up on this....I PURPOSELLY use the term ‘passenger’ and not child) is not abiding those Safety rules, which could endanger my life on this flight, they need to be removed,   Again, doesn’t matter what age...1, 16, 40, 60, 100yr old.  Not exhibiting signs to abide by the rules, off they go. 

Yes, facts are facts, but you did not state facts.  You fantasized what was going to happen in the oncoming future.