Honored Contributor

Re: Father and toddler kicked off a plane

@SahmIamwrote:

Yeah, that puppy story is heartbreaking. There again, so many questions because so many different versions are out there.

Flying is NOT what is once was. Nope. Not. At. All.

Flying is different because everyone can fly now.  That's how much the prices have dropped.  Once for the very wealthy, then middle class.  Now working poor people can fly. They pack as many people that they can and fly off without any delay.  There are hundreds more planes behind them planning to take off.  If one is delayed by a minute, the planes pile up on each other.  Can you imagine being packed in for 18 hours non-stop to New Zealand???  First class on those flights include a bed.  The rest have to sit.

Honored Contributor

I don't think she was an unmanageable child , she was just a scared little tyke, that is a huge difference

Honored Contributor

@songbirdwrote:

@SahmIamwrote:

Yeah, that puppy story is heartbreaking. There again, so many questions because so many different versions are out there.

Flying is NOT what is once was. Nope. Not. At. All.

Flying is different because everyone can fly now.  That's how much the prices have dropped.  Once for the very wealthy, then middle class.  Now working poor people can fly. They pack as many people that they can and fly off without any delay.  There are hundreds more planes behind them planning to take off.  If one is delayed by a minute, the planes pile up on each other.  Can you imagine being packed in for 18 hours non-stop to New Zealand???  First class on those flights include a bed.  The rest have to sit.

I don't know. I think paying $458 for a one way ticket on a flight that is 2 hours is pretty ****** expensive and I'm not the working poor (though I have been). 

Honored Contributor

There's always a period of time between boarding and takeoff.  The dad should have been prepared with a sucker, a toy, or something to calm the little girl down.  It probably wouldn't have taken long considering I didn't see her crying or anything by the time the video was being done.  Southwest reacted prematurely. 

Yes, the article said they were able to go on the next flight, but what an inconvenience.  First, the dad is traveling alone with a toddler which is probably stressful.  Now, if he has any checked luggage, it will arrive before him and be unattended and just add more stress.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry  You have a good heart, my friend. : ) 

The reality is a scared little tyke can escalate into an unmanageable child in a second where fear is concerned.

Then what?

Honored Contributor

It burns me up to hear people talk this way about children, like they are  subhuman @SahmIam, that is why I made the comment

It will be interesting to hear what is decided.

Honored Contributor

Sad to say, in the post 911 environment, the 'friendly skies' no longer exist on any level... It is what it is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Anyone who has ever had to fly with a kid behind them having a tantrum and kicking the back of your seat for HOURS could totally understand this decision. I tolerated this once on a very short flight from Orlando to Key West. That was enough. I was about ready to scream at that kid, while the father did NOTHING! I think the correct decision was made.

Honored Contributor

She couldn't have been too bad, the passangers all stuck up for them. The child carried from the plane was very docile looking

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I don't think she was an unmanageable child , she was just a scared little tyke, that is a huge difference

In today's climate, it makes no diference who or what she was... The flight couldn't be bogged down, whatever the reason, and flight crews are clearly instructed to broker no potential obstacles to flight operations or security... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...