Honored Contributor

Some of it looks amazing. The fish and chips from the UK ,and the roast chicken from Germany ,looks  wonderful to me

It would be fun to try some of it ,and I don't eat fast food, but ,I think for some of this, I would give it a go

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/international-fast-food-chains-gallery/slide-15

Honored Contributor

Re: Fast food around the world

I believe this accurately sums up why there’s a rise in obesity,

not only here in the US, but every country.  Even countries who

have been traditionally trim are now showing signs of obesity.

These dishes are primarily heavy animal product, full of oil

and hardly anything sugary in sight. Once that Pandora Box

of addictive fatty, animal based food is opened, it’s hard to close.

Shame this is promoted in a positive manner. 

Honored Contributor

No, I am not going to eat whole plants , and I weight 108 ,and have for my entire adult life

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Some of it looks amazing. The fish and chips from the UK ,and the roast chicken from Germany ,looks  wonderful to me

It would be fun to try some of it ,and I don't eat fast food, but ,I think for some of this, I would give it a go

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/international-fast-food-chains-gallery/slide-15

@cherry  Hi cherry-interesting because this past week a market was offering British Isle foods.  Complete with flags and posters-one of Twiggy!!!! lol

Anyway, the prepared foods looked interesting-with descriptions of ingredients and source of the item.

Funny how fish and chips were such a staple back in the no-meat Fridays for us.

Nothing wrong with trying something out of interest. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

LOL, Cherry 🍒 

Honored Contributor

That roast chicken looks so good. 

Honored Contributor

People can choose to eat whatever they want.  This constant lecturing is getting old.

I am one of the most intense supporters of Mother Earth around here but I would never, ever, keep picking on somebody who doesn't agree with global warming or plastic straws or whatever.

I simply state my case with my facts and let it be.

I agree we have environmental issues with non-plant food but we also have issues with plants being grown with pesticides and herbicides.  Chemicals do not just vanish-they get right into the soil and water table.

So bon appetit y'all.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Roasted chicken YUM!!!. I eat a lot of chicken.

I used to eat hamburgers or steak every day. LOL!!! I don't do that anymore. 

DH bought huge Porterhouse steaks at the meat market. I asked what are we doing with those. LOL!!! I had 3 meals with mine it was so big. He also bought 2 8 oz filet mignon. I told him from now on if he's picking up steaks to get me about a 5-6 oz filet. That's plenty with a salad & veggie.

Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of fast food but when I was in Germany they had the best McDonald's I have ever eaten....the french fries (pomm frits) were off the chain...the food had a different taste compared to McDonald's in the United States. I know I carried some weight back home Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I lived in Germany there were these little Schnell Imbiss stands off the autobahn.      My fav was the shashlik mit frites.   Dip the frites in the sauce of the shashlik.  yum!

There, they used mayo with frites, which is monumentally gross to me so I always passed on that.   It wasn't even like the regular, gross mayo here in the states, but it was even grosser in that it was kind of yellowish and maybe a little gloppier.   *shudder*

Loved the shashlik, though!  Smiley Happy