Honored Contributor

Sam Moore's rendition of America the Beautiful is going to make me cry.

(in a good way)

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Sam Moore's rendition of America the Beautiful is going to make me cry.

(in a good way)

Made me................love it.

Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This is a great photo.  

FL.jpg

I wonder why Jackie didn't appear in this photo . . . as she would have still been alive . . . she passed on a year after Pat Nixon.  

Regarding Melania, I remember years and years ago, she sold her brand of fashion jewelry on QVC, and her upbeat personality.

By the way, thanks for this thread, and keeping on topic.  Smiley Wink

i dont know the date of this photo, but maybe she was too ill and didnt want to appear?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I liked the way michelle dressed,this past 8 years.

She has style, for sure!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion in D.C.

[ Edited ]

cherry, what a good question.  Without looking it up, I seem to remember that the Johnsons had her come back privately, maybe she and both children?  If not the Johnsons, I believe it was some administration that formally invited her.  I think I remember reading it was painful for her, among other feelings.  But she had such a sense of duty, really, and was dignity personified.

Respected Contributor

I have never really thought about this before, but can you imagine the whirlwind around both families? Even though they have help, it still must be somewhat chaotic for those moving out and those moving in....especially when children are involved.... I wonder what time the day will begin for each family: on this day, of all days, everything has to be choreographed down to the minute.

I don't envy the Chief Ushers job!

Poodlepet2

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political.

Honored Contributor

Great Song, but really?  Heart of Stone as they descend the Lincoln Memorial stairs?

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th  I recall once reading an article someone had written to Dear Abby, about the kindness of Pat  Nixon.  Pat was a teacher ,once upon a time. This lady was comfprted by Pat ,who found her crying ,about her awful family situation, at school

Pat told her she could rise above it ,because she, herself had.  I think all of our First Ladies have, and will, make us proud

Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Not stray too far off topic, but the Queen has quite the collection of pink coats as well.  If you do a google search, there are TONS.

I really want the umbrella.

Pink.jpg

There was a program on PBS regarding these curved umbrellas.  They are made in England ... if I remember correctly.  I remember them in the 1960's and in England they are still popular.

Did anyone see this program ?