Respected Contributor

The singing of the national anthem by the soldier was moving.

Honored Contributor

They are a beautiful family. I liked the way Baron, was dressed kind of preppy ,as he left the plane

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

They are a beautiful family. I liked the way Baron, was dressed kind of preppy ,as he left the plane

He was the first one off the plane LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@cherry wrote:

He was the first one off the plane LOL.

Yes I know

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

By the way, Susan at QVC, thanks for your sweet comment.  We HAVE been pretty measured and on topic, if I do say so myself!  Wouldn't it be great, gang, if we can keep this going through the weekend with our fashion commentary on the different events?

Interesting that Ivanka, at the laying of the wreath ceremony, had a bright spring green (or was it Kelly?) outfit.  I couldn't really see what Tiffany was wearing,  just saw some lovely, wavy blonde hair that looked like her.

The children were very cute and the wives of Don Jr. and Eric will be interesting to watch as they also dress well...

I couldn't decide if Ivanka was in Kelly or Spring green either.  But it was beautiful!

I think she outshown the other women.  I think she usually does.  Except for Melania, who I think always looks perfectly put together.  She looked appropriate and somber at the ceremony, but lovelyl

@QueenDanceALot I happened to catch this live and Ivanka was just stunning when she first stepped out of the plane . . . that color is perfect on her and she looks so effortless with her three children (and please know I realize Jared does his share too) but for me she always just looks great.

Honored Contributor

Love the drummer!  Man, would I love to have that set-up!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion in D.C.

[ Edited ]

Now that I think of it, I do believe that they don't normally salute till after the oath of office-- they shake hands with the military in ceremonies until then...

The next events I'm looking forward to-- how they will dress for the morning church service tomorrow.

And, I always love the idea of the morning tea at the White House, where the incoming and the outcoming families mingle over a "cuppa".

I have not a single doubt that both Michelle and Melania will be beautiful and beautifully attired at that event...

Honored Contributor

I liked the way michelle dressed,this past 8 years.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This is a great photo.  

FL.jpg

I wonder why Jackie didn't appear in this photo . . . as she would have still been alive . . . she passed on a year after Pat Nixon.  

Regarding Melania, I remember years and years ago, she sold her brand of fashion jewelry on QVC, and her upbeat personality.

By the way, thanks for this thread, and keeping on topic.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Did Jackie ever go back to the White House as a visitor. ?