Esteemed Contributor

I haven't been this excited about FL fashion since Jackie...it's going to be great!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Both Melania and Ivanka are very tall, 5'-11". Fashions look good on both women. Ivana Trump is 6 foot tall. It will be interesting to see the fashions they will be wearing.

Trusted Contributor

@Hoovermom Of course she's stunning, she's 46 and rested!😄

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion in D.C.

[ Edited ]

Any designer with half a brain is not going to stand on ceremony, and if asked to design something for the first lady is likely going to jump at the chance. It's probably pretty easy to claim not to be willing to do so if one isn't in the running the first place... Let's face it, MT can afford to be dressed as she chooses, even if that means buying the company !!

Smiley Wink

There might be a handful who will decline, but she'll have lots of choices, as will Ivanka. It appears Ivanka (who, with her husband, just bought a mansion here) will also perform some functions traditionally performed by the First Lady while Melania, they say, will be primarily based in NYC until the end of the school year... It'll be interesting to see how all this unfolds and yes, the fashion will be interesting to watch. Administrations on this side of the aisle, with one or two notable exceptions, seemingly are a bit more 'glam'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Both Melania and Ivanka are very tall, 5'-11". Fashions look good on both women. Ivana Trump is 6 foot tall. It will be interesting to see the fashions they will be wearing.

They are both beautiful women and any fashion designer  would be lucky to get to dress them.  The FL's style sets the trends for  the rest of us

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy seeing all the FLOTUS fashions. I know Barbara and Hillary got slammed. Which is a shame because we are not all tall and young. But they always had their hair and make up done and pretty jewelry.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Great thread.  I, too, worked in DC for many years in the 80s and 90s and I hope fashion comes back to town.  My favorite store was Talbot's on Connecticut Avenue and favorite line was Collection.

For evening wear, Rizik's was the place to go.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Melania was model so her carriage is impeccable. Her figure is lovely.

The video I saw was dark but it looked like she was wearing all black this morning.  Coupled with the big sunny glasses she looked like she was in mourning.

Honored Contributor

Barbara never gave a fig about fashion. She once went to  a gathering , and of course was photographed, only to discover later , she had worn the same outfit, when she went there the last time. She said she must try to pay more attention to her clothes

Barbara was famous for her pearls and they were KJLane and she was upfront about it.  It just wasn't her thing.

I don't know about Hillary, but I did see a pretty red gown  she wore ,at the Smithsonian, and was surprised at how small she was.  Of course she was quite young when she wore it

Honored Contributor

I'm a big fan of Ralph Lauren, so I am hoping we get the Ready to Wear versions of everything ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN