Trusted Contributor

@dmeasy  I was underwhelmed by the BFD TSV sweater first presented by Jane last evening and then by Leah this morning.  The fit seemed very "boxy" to me and nothing about it stood out as anything "special."  They were touting the 10's of thousands already sold so I guess I am in the minority but that's fine!!

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Trusted Contributor

@dmeasy    I completely agree with you! 

The hosts are really putting their foot to the proverbial "pedal" in hyping up presentations because I believe, as you stated, that sales are DOWN and prices are UP! 

If what they were selling offered quality and a great price that would be one thing; however, I don't see it.

Also, they often refer to 10's of 000's of certain items being sold and I immediately think of how many returns will offset that figure.

Trusted Contributor

It's a nothingburger.  Assume tomorrow will be more of the same.

Trusted Contributor
This is the worst Fashion Day. Nothing new or interesting. Fashion Day used to be so much fun to watch with a lot of variety and new.
What happened?
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Day

[ Edited ]

@Steffdoggy10 @I think they are trying as hard as they can to reduce older inventory and they are using Fashion Day to help do it. They probably will be getting a lot of new, in much cheaper fabrics...lots of rayon viscose by itself or in blends with a higher percentage than in the past. 

Honored Contributor

Turned on HSN this morning for their "fashion" day. First item was an Iman sweater in a color I love so for $19.99 plus shipping it's been ordered.  I find HSN to have much better "sales" than QVC and as a previous poster mentioned, Macy's, Dillards and JCP are having super sales.  If QVC would cut costs, e.g., get rid of the extra channels and extra hosts, maybe it could lower their prices????

Esteemed Contributor

I use to look forward to Fashion Days but their fashions haven't been anything special. It is always the same vendors with little or no variety. Each line looks similar only with different brand names. Prices have increased to the point that they have no deals worth buying.  When I buy clothing it is not from here.

I remember them touting that their prices are lower because of no middlemen. I guess that is no longer the case. I think they have priced many customers out of purchasing.

Kim Gravel is on all the time. I don't find her clothing line appealing. The TSV is not flattering because it cuts you off at the wrong part of your leg. Maybe if it wasn't so tight at the bottom, it might be flattering. I know they are selling out but each to their own.

Honored Contributor

Busy weekend... not much time to watch but did check what's been on air.

Currrenrtly ... QVC isn't selling the color / style of clothes that I wear.

Occasional Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They should have called it Barefoot Dreams Day!!!!

Lol! true!