Respected Contributor

Re: Farmers Almanac winter predictions

Can't wait!  Here in NC, we love snow days!  They don't happen very often!  Last winter was quite mild, just a bit of snow.  Hoping for more this year! 

Esteemed Contributor

I  can handle cold temperatures but snow and icy roads make it difficult to travel in a hilly state with crooked roads, not to mention snow days that have to be made up. We started school last year in second week of August and got out in June because of making up snow days. We started back the second week of August again this year to try to get as many instructional days in before wicked weather. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

We get the same old,  same old, mild temperatures and normal precipitation. I would love it to be cold enough to wear a jacket, light my fireplace. Summer has been long enough with more to go. 

Honored Contributor

There must be more than one farmer or almanac because the prediction I've seen is somewhat different.  Generally it said warmer and drier in the Northeast and wetter and colder in Southwest.  I dont remember what it said about PNW.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@scatcat  we also used to live in Chicago and I can attest that you're hundred percent correct! Winters there are BRRRR

Honored Contributor

What about California? You mentioned all the areas but CA.  Or did I miss it?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty  Hi! Here are the 2 - Maps so you can look at your area in California.

@Kachina624  Hi!  You are Correct  there are 2...Farmers' Almanac, and the Old Farmer's Almanac.

First off, there are 2 publications released each year, the Farmers' Almanac, and the Old Farmer's Almanac. 

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarLoCat  Who knew there were two?? LOL!  Which one is more accurate? For those in CA and CO, I hope they really do receive some gentle rainfall without fear of dangerous mudslides on charred land.   

ETA:  I remember seeing the Old Farmer's Almanac. Hope it is accurate for Nebraska and the plains states. We don't need a bitterly cold, plentiful snow winter! Have never seen the other one. The things I learn on this Forum! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@MarLoCat  Who knew there were two?? LOL!  Which one is more accurate? For those in CA and CO, I hope they really do receive some gentle rainfall without fear of dangerous mudslides on charred land.   

@BirkiLady  Hi...There have been 2 almanacs for a while but, not sure of which one will be accurate this winter season. Don't like the extreme weather. 

ITA Hopefully CA & CO will get some Gentle Rainfall & also Not an Extreme Cold  winter in other states.

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady  Hi...There have been 2 almanacs for a while but, not sure of which one will be accurate this winter season. Don't like the extreme weather. 

ITA@ Hopefully CA & CO will get some Gentle Rainfall & also @Bi@Not an Extreme Cold  winter

@BirkiLady.  The Old Farmers Almanac is pretty much in keeping with what the National Weather Service is predicting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment