Honored Contributor

Re: Farmers Almanac winter predictions

I wonder what it's going to be like here along the front range of the Rockies in Colorado. The state is split with mountains on one side and plains on the other so we never know what's going to happen. To tell you the truth, the weather is so unpredictable here. I always prepare for the worse, no matter what.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  if you go to their website they have each zone predictions in more depth

As far a s Noaa  we shall see, but ,I hope for  lots of snow. I hate winters that are damp and rainy...

Trusted Contributor

I’m in Michigan and a few trees began changing colors 3-4 weeks ago. I’ve been noticing how fat the little birds are already so I knew winter was coming early

Respected Contributor

Oh come on, wooly bears predict the type of winter we'll have.

Honored Contributor

@cherry last year I bought a brand new snow shovel...and used it once!Woman Frustrated We didn't have any snow. But I really didn't mind it. What bothered me, though, was the low amounts that fell in our mountains. That's where we need it the most. The water from snow melt supplies  us as well as other states. And besides, we need our Rocky Mountain spring water for Coors' Beer!.Woman Very Happy Heaven forbid if that dried up.Smiley SurprisedWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee perish the thought. I don't drink, but ,I know beer is proof, God loves us, and wants us to be happy, according to Ben Franklin

Respected Contributor

It’s always cold, snowy and icy in Chicago. A tree frog could predict that and be right 100% of the time 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@SilleeMee perish the thought. I don't drink, but ,I know beer is proof, God loves us, and wants us to be happy, according to Ben Franklin

I don't drink either but Ben is right.  Coors puts people to work around here. Lots of people from the grain farmers to the brewery and bottling plant. Working people are happy people.Woman Happy @cherry

Respected Contributor

Yippee! Winter is my favorite season. I am already starting to perk up just thinking about it. I moved north permanently because I fell in love with winter at university and didn’t want to give it up.

Honored Contributor

YES!!! Frigid cold for winter..YES!!!