Honored Contributor

Re: Farmers Almanac Weather Map for winter 2019-2020

What does NOAA say?

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  Even our local weathercasters never seem to be able to agree on a weather forcast, often for just a few days ahead!  I don't even listen to their long-range forecasts any more!  One example......about 2-3 weeks ago, one local weather guys said, quite emphatically, that our 90 degree days were over!  Today, if was 98.  (and we've had a few other 90 degree days since his comment.). It's all up to Mother Nature!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Frosty, wet and white for me. Don't like the sound of 'white'.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wintery, and frosty, wet and white for West Virginia?   Well duh, that’s what we see for 4-5 long months every winter!  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I am in north Mississippi and we continue to be in a burn ban   until November unless there is a BIG change.  It is 98 here currently and we have not seen rain since August 2.  I  am unsure about mild with soakers.........

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Spurt  Even our local weathercasters never seem to be able to agree on a weather forcast, often for just a few days ahead!  I don't even listen to their long-range forecasts any more!  One example......about 2-3 weeks ago, one local weather guys said, quite emphatically, that our 90 degree days were over!  Today, if was 98.  (and we've had a few other 90 degree days since his comment.). It's all up to Mother Nature!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Exactly!!  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette 

Thats a whole nother topic.....Yep, your right about these weather forecasters, the more technology they have at their disposal THE MORE INACCURATE THEY ARE!!!! ---Woman LOL 

Our local news folks predicted we would be next in feeling the effects of Hurricane Harvey ...with 120 mile winds...be prepared for the worst they said and gave a full list of safety preparations....They laughed and said one computer model showed there would be no rain nor wind, and that just couldnt be right....guess which one was accurate...That's right, NOTHING HAPPENED after many people went through time and expense to "hunker down" for the big storm...it wasnt even windy, and only a couple drops, and I do mean couple drops of rain....SMH!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I am in north Mississippi and we continue to be in a burn ban   until November unless there is a BIG change.  It is 98 here currently and we have not seen rain since August 2.  I  am unsure about mild with soakers.........

@Boomernichols   I hope it cools off and you get much needed rain without flooding🙂

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  From your lips to God's ears!   We could use some rain but nothing ARK-tic  I hope. 

Did you catch my funny?

Honored Contributor

I think that's a rather tongue-in-cheek look at the weather.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment