Trusted Contributor

Re: Farmer's Almanac out for 2020 NE winter

@Kachina624   Yep we water too..thankfully we have irrigation water most of the summer we pump out of our pond...it comes from Lemon reservoir...near Vallecito...but if we don't get snow..there isn't runoff to fill the reservoirs...our irrigation water was actually shut off last week.  Our last winter wasn't much snow so the reservoirs weren't full..

Water is like gold in the west and southwest...we are hoping for good moisture this coming winter...DW

Esteemed Contributor

Our winters have been mild with little to no snow the last few years.  The Almanac map says "Cold, Above Normal Snowfall" for this year.  If I was home every day, I'd wish for snow and cold -- since I'm out and about every day, I'm hoping for another mild winter.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I will happily take Mild and Dry here in the PNW!  It has been a wonderful summer - mostly mid 70's and no humidity.

@DiAnne  Yes!  No snow or ice....no big wind storms....mild quiet winter. Sounds good!

Honored Contributor

I was watching a future forecast outlook on YouTube about a month ago.   I cannot recall the name of the forecaster.  Anyhow, his forecast also predicted a snowier than usual winter for us in Ohio.

I hope so.  Last year we barely got any snow at all.