Honored Contributor

Re: Farmer's Almanac out for 2020 NE winter

@dancingwoman 

Yes it sure has been a hot summer. The smoke from all the fires added to the misery, too. I'm actually looking forward to shovelling snow! We didn't get much snow last year and my then new Snow Joe shovel got more dust on it than it did snow. We all need more snow in Colorado. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt  I always get so hopeful when I see the forecast for cold and snow, and then it doesn't happen. In the mid-Atlantic they are calling for cold, wet and white. I'll believe it when I see it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

US-Farmers-Almanac-Winter-Outlook-2020-2021-1-1536x1024.jpg

Wet coastal regions in California would be much welcomed!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t believe a word of what they predict.... why should I when they really don’t know themselves 😂🤣

Honored Contributor

I will happily take Mild and Dry here in the PNW!  It has been a wonderful summer - mostly mid 70's and no humidity.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom Thanks for all your comments about winters - interesting.  Just down from Lake Ontario we get plenty of SNOW  - but last year instead of 140 inches - we got only half that much.

Sometimes a light fluffy snow - from the lake - or heavy cement from Chicago and Great Lakes.

It's a roll of the dice  every year.

I 'think' it's going to be more of an old fashion winter this year.   Fill your freezers and happy juice cabinet...........might as well be comfortable & happy.  Had fireplace cleaned yesterday!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fireplace Chicken.jpg

@fthunt wrote:

@PA Mom-mom Thanks for all your comments about winters - interesting.  Just down from Lake Ontario we get plenty of SNOW  - but last year instead of 140 inches - we got only half that much.

Sometimes a light fluffy snow - from the lake - or heavy cement from Chicago and Great Lakes.

It's a roll of the dice  every year.

I 'think' it's going to be more of an old fashion winter this year.   Fill your freezers and happy juice cabinet...........might as well be comfortable & happy.  Had fireplace cleaned yesterday!!!!!

@fthunt  Sounds like a dream to me! We are hearth cookers and prep every year for the onslaught, but nothing happens. When I was young, we had great snowstorms.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to my morning paper, there are two Farmers Almanacs.  One is titled Farmers Almanac and the other one Old Farmers Almanac.  They are not in agreement with each other - one predicts cold and wet and snowy the other predicts a mild winter for the northeast.  So going by that, one is sure to be right.

Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Our trees are dying,from such dry weather.

@goldensrbest    I water mine.  We haven't had any significant rainfall for months.  Who wants to lose a tree?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I agree last winter wasn't that bad for us anyway. But people an hour or so away got slammed. I guess our Lake helps at least some of the time. On December 10, 2019 we drove a little over an hour away to pick up our two Shih Tzu puppies. We drove into a blizzard! We were glad to get home with our new babies. I think they helped us get thru winter with all their energy!