Respected Contributor

Fanny packs are in style.   Vera Bradley sells them (i.e. belt bag), and they are super cute ... offer free shipping at least once a month.   Crossbodys can still be cumbersome.   I wear a fanny for all casual occasions due to back issues.   The styles are no longer "been there, done that."

Trusted Contributor

@crazered   I think you should wear what is most comfortable for you.  That will be a whole lot of walking at disneyland.  Have fun !!!!!

Valued Contributor

Lug carousel sold right here on QVC.  Can be used 4 ways...over shoulder, crossbody, belted around waist, or remove strap & put your belt through loops on bag.  It fits a lot, has RFID and can use several ways by converting for day use at park or going out at night as the shoulder or crossbody.  And would only need to bring 1 bag with you too!

Esteemed Contributor

If the fanny pack is packed full, I find they hurt the back after a while.  For me a very lightly packed crossbody is better.  Backpacks can be tricky on rides.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they have been renamed and therefore they are back.  They are very very very handy and do save  your shoulders.  In my case they are not easy to leave behind.  I have  a small collection... brown... black.  I also wear cargo pants when I travel as does my hubby.  If the weather is not too hot I also wear a cargo vest.  I hate bags and things to carry with my arms.  

I was told there are places that no bag of any kind are allowed (as in public  monuments).  I  was told when we go to Hawaii there will be places we cannot take anything at all... got to check it.  I think Pearl Harbor is one of the places.  And stadiums want see through totes.  

Honored Contributor

@crazered wrote:

Heading to Disneyland in March. Been years since I have used a fanny pac tstronly considering. Are they still in style?

i don’t carry much and my shoulders hurt if I carry something heavy 

any suggestions?

@crazeredWear what will be comfortable for you.  Fanny packs were considered passe a few years ago but are making a comeback.

I believe it was one of the LUG bags that could be converted to a fanny pack a few weeks ago.

A cross-body that can convert would be a good option, too, if you want to invest in something new.

For me a fanny pack was practical for carrying a bottle of water-a cross body with a bottle of water would have killed my shoulders, too.

Have a wonderful time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

This is the look to which I was referring:

Image result for fanny pack worn cross body

(I don't think it's a fad I'll be embracing.)

Honored Contributor

Wearing a fanny pack in a crossbody way started back in 2017.  Bella Hadid wore them a lot back then.

Valued Contributor

Do it, who cares if it’s i. Style (by the way, they are). It will make your trip more enjoyable, that’s all that matters

Honored Contributor

I've been wearing fanny packs for years.

Lightweight nylon are the best.  Not very clumsy against the body.

Try Ross Stores.  One of our local Ross Stores has them hanging in the Accessories dept., on an end rack.  And a very few in the handbag section.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).