Trusted Contributor

Something that has always bugged me (in a very non-serious way!!) is how beautiful many cowboy boots are, yet when worn, no one can see that lovely artwork!

Vintage stars like Roy Rogers and Gene Autry (and some current folks who carry on the old style western entertainment) often tucked their pants inside their boots so you could see the hand tooled patterns. But most folks who do wear these artful styles end up hiding them from our view! Just needed to say this. Wink

/></p> <p> </p>

Super Contributor

If you can't see them how do you know they are wearing them? Are you pulling up people's pant legs? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I agree that some are very artistic and beautiful. I've been to many stock shows and rodeos and when the women wear those style boots they typically like to show them, many wear prairie skirts. Those aren't the type of boot worn when actually riding or doing "cowgirl" work.

Super Contributor

I love cowboy boot and I have worn them for 30 years.

I have many really cool cowboy boots sometimes I wear jeans that I tuck into the boot to expose the detail.

These are my next boots.. Old Gringo Klak. AWESOME! Of course I'm getting them in RED!

I love the skulls on them! Ha!

Honored Contributor

A woman I worked with years ago only wore these style of boots. I made her pull up her pants leg everday to see which ones she had on. LOL When her neice got married she was told NO BOOTS and wear a dress. We had to go buy her shoesand a dress and she was so misserable and unhappy. I hid her boots in the car and brought them to her during the reception. LOL Her neice just laughed.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

I love cowboy boots, also. I have a pair but they don't have the ornate decoration on them ~ there is a store near me that sells the fancy ones but I'm too frugal to pay that much. LOL

Trusted Contributor

They are beautiful. I like to see the ladies wear them, when they dance with a long skirt. I agree, sometimes you can't see them under jeans or slacks. If you don't wear boot cut jeans, the tops of the boots make an unsightly bulge.

Honored Contributor
Don't women wear them with skirts? Or with skinny jeans tucked in or with leggings???
Super Contributor

Luv2Decorate those boots are really pretty, love the skulls too! I have a couple pairs, one pair is plain and the other are black with a turquoise shaft that are more dressy. I grew up in Colorado and every January the big stock show comes to town. You get to see all kinds of western wear and some of those really wealthy women sure know how to dress in style. I used to LOVE shopping at the Sheplers store...aisles upon aisles of boots. If you couldn't find a pair in there you weren't going to find them.

Honored Contributor

We saw some amazing cowboy boots in Nashville last spring.

I see them mostly with skirts or skinny jeans tucked into them.

Respected Contributor
Luv.......those red boots are yummy ! My favorite way to wear boots is with a dress or a skirt (: