Respected Contributor

Re: Famous People That You Have Met

Michael Caine & Alan King, who was a stand-up comedian a long time ago.  One of my sisters has met a lot of famous people due to her work, so I guess that puts me within the 6 Degrees of Separation.

Trusted Contributor

Famous people I have seen in airports:

Janet Reno

Juan Pablo (from The Bachelor show)

Doug Flutie - he was in the Jet Blue line about 5 people behind me.  Very friendly to the crowd!

Famous people I have met:

John Sebastian, from the band The Lovin' Spoonful.  I waited on him when I worked in the domestics department at JC Penneys in upstate NY back in the early 80s.  He bought sheets.  :-)

Kris Kristofferson - got his autograph at a hotel lobby in upstate NY, and managed to step on his foot while doing so!  I was so embarrassed!  BTW, he is really short! 

Michael Gross; he played the dad on Family Ties.  We were at a pub in Boston having dinner and he sat down at the table next to us.  He was doing a play in Boston at the time.  My daughter initiated conversation with him and he was very freindly to all of us!

Marianne Espisito, from the PBS cooking show Ciao Italia.  Met her at a book signing in Portsmouth, NH.   

Chad Pregacke, CNN Hero 2013.  Met him at a conference last February in Vegas.  Very inspiring guy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde

@DiAnne wrote:

@Moonchilde

That became some expensive real estate. They built a resort there. There is a separate members area but it is really different than it used to be.  

Ah. Well, I have lost touch a bit, @DiAnne ;-(. Lived in OC for many years, then moved up to West LA & Santa Monica. Now living on the Central Coast. I still peek at KABC news now and then.

I have lost touch also.  I have been living in the Pacific Northwest for over 25-years!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow .... I've lived in Southern CA most of my adult life, so I have met plenty.

Phil Collins, Cher, Merv Griffin, Mike Douglas, Joan Rivers, Mark Harmon, and Arianna Huffington.    Others include Neil Diamond,  Oprah,  Geraldo Rivera, Leonard Nimoy, Winsor Harmon (Bold and Beautiful soap), Morgan Fairchild  ....   Chris Rock, Cloris Leachman, Matthew McConaughey, and Pierce Brosnan. 

I know I'm forgetting someone.

Oh yeah .... twice in the past month I've said hello to Ed Begley, Jr who lives nearby and is always out running errands in the morning.    

Super Contributor

Rich Mullins (Christian singer who passed away in 1997)

Michael W. Smith (Christian singer - his grandmother went used to go to my church)

Bret Michaels from Poison

all the guys in the band Nelson

all the guys in the band Slaughter (got to meet them twice)

Gina Holmes (Christian author)

Chris Marion from Little River Band - he's actually a friend of the family since he and my brother were roomies in college

I've probably left some out - it hasn't been many

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Worked around the Capitol in DC in my working years, so had interactions with lots of politicians, but one of note was President Bush, Sr., a few years before he was President, but already accomplished and known. He sat next to me on a flight from NYC to DC, we chatted and he carried my bags outside to get a taxi.

My early youth was in Southern California, where I attended a private school also attended by children of famous actors. At school events, I would mortify my family by breaking away from them and planting myself in front of the actors.  This was decades ago, but the most memorable to me was Joan Crawford whom I found to be ever so elegant.  Her twin daughters were in my sister's class.

Esteemed Contributor

I've met many because of where I live and the nature of my career but I have my favorites:

George W Bush and Laura 

George H Bush and Barbara

HRC, Bill and Chelsea

Pope John Paul, Pope Benedict and Pope Francis

Bill O'Reilly 

Bono

Colin Powell

Peyton, Archie and Eli Manning

Joe Montana

Howie Long 

Tim Tebow

Tom Brady 

Dr. Oz

Gloria Gaynor 

Bill Bradley

Tim Russert

Carol Burnett

Betty White

Carol Channing  

Respected Contributor

I've met more famous people than I can remember due to DH. The one that will forever standout in my mind is when I met Eric Clapton at the First MTV music awards and he kissed my hand.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

When I was about 6 years old my aunt and her husband took me to see "TheNutCracker" at the ballet. After the ballet we went to a restaurant and the prima ballerina was there. My uncle was well educated and spoke to her in Russian and asked if she would autograph the program for me. She did and was very gracious about it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Years ago at parties we used to play a game called"Touch of Fame" or something like that. It  involved seeing someone famous but not meeting them.

Anonther game was if you had a talk show who would you want to be a guest?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man