Honored Contributor

Re: Famous People That You Have Met

@DiAnne wrote:

@Moonchilde

I attended a few of those cook-offs also.  You would not recognize the place now.  

That's what I've heard, @DiAnne. I know it's become a semi-hotel with rooms rented out. Sad.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

So, what famous people have you met?

I have met: Mike Tyson, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Magic Johnson, Meg Tilly, Mariel Hemmingway, Jamie Lee Curtis, Billy Joel, Danny Aiello.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Only one, but a big one.  I met Robert Di Nero at a street corner in New York and had a conversation with him.  Did not realize who he was till afterwards.  I had seen him come out of a back entrance of a theatre and even asked him if he was an actor!  I rarely ever saw his films & had absolutely no idea it was him.

Trusted Contributor

Danny Thomas. This was back in the early '80's when I lived in East Michigan. Ex-spouse & I were out for an evening walk around town. We came up around the back of one of a big chain grocery store. When we got up to the entrance, our walks Danny Thomas. He shook my hand & we chatted our a minute. He had been there filming a commercial for the chain. I was totally surprised & probably looked & sounded like a total dork, but he was very nice (probably used to this).

Honored Contributor

WEll, I met Santa Claus one time when I was quite young. I'll never forget it! Haven't seen him in years, but I'll never forget him.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I guess it depends on one's definition of famous.....

Gary Conway (from Land of the Giants - WAY back when)
Peter Noone
Ronald Reagan 
Gene Simmons
Pat Boone
Debbie Boone
Jeanne Robertson

Many Christian singing artists/groups (I'll likely overlook some):

Robbie Hiner
Rebecca St. James
Big Tent Revival
Mark Lowry
Michael English
David Phelps
Kevin Williams
Russ Taff
Jason Crabb
Ernie Haase & Signature Sound 
Wayne Haun
The Collingsworth Family
The Martins
The Hoppers
The Nelons
Point of Grace
Natalie Grant
Steven Curtis Chapman
4Him
The Browns

Wow, how'd you do that?

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

That became some expensive real estate. They built a resort there. There is a separate members area but it is really different than it used to be.  

Esteemed Contributor

At age 80 some people may not reconized names.  Joe Diamaggo, Howard Duff, Raymond Burr, Ron Howard and wife, she was PG with first child, Mayor Aliato.  The Senator that went to The Jim Jones massacure in Giannam, excuse the spelling with his then seceratary who is a Senator today, Jackie Spears.. You forget names at 80 and I was in 30's when I met them.  The major from Mash, and the Smothers Brothers.  Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis when they were starting out on the road and I cut class in High School in the late 40's or early 50's to see them on stage, the opening act at the Golden Gate Theatre in San Francisco.  Jerry Lewis was beautiful.  Saw Dean later in the late 50's in Las Vegas when I got married.  Joe D  used to play ball with my Dad on Green Street in SF in North Beach.  I worked in a top notch restaurant in the 70's and met a lot of famous people at the time.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I have met

Tina Turner

Magic Johnson

Eddie Murphy

Tina and Magic were very friendly, Eddie Murphy was not. Oh and I also met John Elway, my cousin's ex husband played for the Denver Broncos back in the 80's...He was not friendly either!

Also saw the guy from Grizzly Adams years ago in Hawaii, we were both staying at the same resort!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Moonchilde

That became some expensive real estate. They built a resort there. There is a separate members area but it is really different than it used to be.  

Ah. Well, I have lost touch a bit, @DiAnne ;-(. Lived in OC for many years, then moved up to West LA & Santa Monica. Now living on the Central Coast. I still peek at KABC news now and then.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all