Super Contributor

Re: Famous People That You Have Met

I met Prince at a concert (backstage pass).  A friend of mine had a

tshirt kiosk at his Atlanta concert in the late 80's. He was the same height as me and very quiet and shy.

I met Clay Aiken (won a meet and greet pass).  Not that great...

I met Billy Ray Cyrus and hung out with him and his friend at the club he was singing at.  This is when he was just  getting famous.  At the Buckboard in Atlanta.

Honored Contributor

I said "Hello" and shook the hand of Speaker (then Congressman) Paul Ryan at a restaurant in Janesville, Wisconsin.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

NM! 

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

I grew up in Berkeley, CA.  I  had some interesting experiences due to the fact that my parents were always interested in the world around them and wanted their kids to be involved in current events.  These are people I heard speak in person; I "met" none of them. 

1962--John F. Kennedy speaking at Cal Berkeley  (I was a frosh in h.s)

1965--Martin Luther King, Jr. speaking at Grace Cathedral in SF

(a friend and I rode the bus to SF very early and managed to sit in the

first pew.  An incredible experience)

My husband was in Pomona, CA  and actually "met"  Bobby Kennedy and

shook his hand while he was campaigning in 1968.  Incredible experience.

My husband was a college student in Pomona at the time.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I was born and grew up in Southern California so quite a few.  When I was about 11 or 12 a neighbor girl's uncle was the captain on John Wayne's yacht that was moored in Newport Beach.  We used to go out on that frequently until he sold it.  He was always very nice to me.  

There used to be many restaurant in the LA area with unlisted phone numbers where the celebrities went.  Anyone could go there but you had to know about them.  They did not want tourists there.  We used to go to Ma Maison often because the food was great and they had a wonderful patio.  There were always famous people there.  

Growing up my sister and I were always taught to leave them alone and not stare.  

Now it seems they want to be photographed at various restaurants, etc.  

This reminds me that I too met John Wayne, and he bought me (and several other ladies) a present. I was working in a hospital where JW was a patient. He was brought to our dept and was chatting with us while waiting for a test to begin. Another employee was selling necklaces we were looking at, and he told us all to pick one and he'd buy them for us :-) They were inexpensive and he liked doing that kind of thing, so we accepted. We refused at first but it made him happy, so...

@Moonchilde

He used to frequently be at the Balboa Bay Club also with his sons.  

My Favorite Breed is Adopted

Used to "do" the chili cook-offs at BBC. Ah, the days of my youth!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

oops !   sorry wrong thread.

Trusted Contributor

Hmmm let's see. I'm in NY so I've met quite a few:

Joan Rivers by her apartment on 63rd st. She was nice!

Gwyneth Paltrow is an ice queen. Met her 11 years ago.

Taylor Swift was in a black trench ans sunglasses and I didn't realize it was her until after the fact.

My dear friend Bill R.I.P met Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in Central Park around 1992.

My sister used to work in an airport so she met Meryl Streep who she still raves about and Anne Hathaway who was a b....
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Regular Contributor

tedEbear......The Kings are very regular & normal. I have seen him quite a few times in very different settings all the way from when he was just starting out & had young kids. They are very generous in giving to lots of projects here in Maine!

Honored Contributor

My dad was visiting Rome and while Caught up in a crowd got unitentionally moved along into this cathedral. Before he realized what was happening the Pope appeared and he ended up getting blessed by him. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

I attended a few of those cook-offs also.  You would not recognize the place now.