Honored Contributor

In the dark days of early 1950's conservative Texas, there lived a family with their pet lion...Her name was Blondie

https://www.unbelievable-facts.com/2013/11/a-family-from-texas-had-lion-as-pet-and.html

Honored Contributor

Re: Family's pet lion Blondie

Loved the pics of the gentle lion.

That said, I have a strong aversion to those who seem not to acknowledge that wild animals are not predictable.

I'm sure that he was devastated about the leopard's attack on his grandchild. That's the reason I think it very unwise to create such an environment in which others could be maimed or killed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Family's pet lion Blondie

Blondie was special, the family was fortunate to keep her safely for the rest of her life.

There's a different story happening now in Washington.  Google "Pet raccoon 'Mae' ordered to stay at wildlife rehab despite family's plea".  Very sad.  This raccoon only knows the family that has raised her from before her eyes were open.  The video of Mae with her family is so sweet.  I know raccoons can be mean but Mae is another special animal.  There is no winner in the judge's decision.