Honored Contributor

Re: Family in FL Support Group

I think we are getting some of that wind tonight in TN.  Don't want it or the rain.

I would help you out with mom, but I've got one just like her, so I feel your pain.  Mine does the exact opposite of whatever I tell her ... after she asks what should she do.  I just throw my hands up and walk away cursing to myself.  DH always knows when I've been on the phone with her and he just laughs.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds  It's something!  Tie your lawn stuff down now.

And I know what you mean.  Unfortunately, I am half Sicilian and with all the bodies of water around right now, it's tough not to put her in one, nicely coiffed hair and all.  Smiley Wink  

For legal purposes, that was a joke!  But I swear she had kids just to mess with us.  BTW, her mother's hurricane prep back in the day was heading for the chocolate aisle to make sure she didn't go without.  

Yep, it's generational.  But I want everyone quaking with fear right now thinking you may live near a member of this family to know, I did not have any children so we will eventually die off.  

You're welcome. Smiley Very Happy      

Honored Contributor

ROTFL over that one @Laura14!  Spit my coke and snorted all over the place.  Thank you for thinking of others. You're a good woman!

LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Laura I can somewhat relate to your story. My MIL bless her soul s 93 and thinks they are still talking about Harvey. I go along as I was stressing about family members the last few days. Her biggest concern is that her cleaning lady keeps putting her bras in the dryer instead of hanging them as she can't afford new ones. I agree with her. 

Honored Contributor

@Elom. Bless her!  I hope we all get there and have that be our biggest problem.  I agree too!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Preds  The wind is whipping up here in Georgia!  The power has flickered a few times but so far, I'm good.  I almost wish the power would drop off.  No more updates from the asylum or soon to be crime scene down in FL.  I haven't decided yet.  Smiley Wink 

@Laura14, I KNOW I shouldn't laugh but you are killing me! Lol! Holy moly!!! You have your hands full!!! 

Valued Contributor

Where are you in Ga loves chocolate? 

I may not have to be concerned about my life's storage in Warner Robins. If this keeps up.

Valued Contributor

I think I should have directed that to Preds sorry.

Honored Contributor

Update:

My mother texted me that "Praise Jesus!" she has her power back. I lost mine about two hours ago because the storm is now over us in Georgia. I told her I would thank her for not gloating.

She told me (HOLD ME BACK!) that I knew a storm was coming and I should have evacuated.

To where, Mom? It's a tropical storm north of Atlanta. They don't open shelters for that. They just say stay home and let it pass. Unlike what she was told which was get out, you may die and we will probably find your body west of the Mississippi.

As soon as the courts open again, I am legally emancipating myself and you will never see this type of thread from me again.
Honored Contributor

Facebook wants to know if I'm safe. From the storm, my mother, or needing to post bail when I see her again? Only one of those was an option.