Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

N95 masks are available through construction supply outlets.  

I can't find them, or when I do, the website says their supplies are allocated to health care, etc.

Placed an order last week at work.  Will check the file and post vendor tomorrow.

Thank you, @CrazyDaisy , that is kind of you.

Company name Clean Life, web site one word. 

Thanks again, @CrazyDaisy . Unfortunately, they have only the KN95s, which I don't want, but besides, I can't buy from them because the website says

*WE ARE CURRENTLY LIMITING PURCHASING OF NIOSH KN95 MASKS TO HEALTHCARE FACILITIES*
Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

N95 masks are available through construction supply outlets.  

I can't find them, or when I do, the website says their supplies are allocated to health care, etc.

Placed an order last week at work.  Will check the file and post vendor tomorrow.

Thank you, @CrazyDaisy , that is kind of you.

Company name Clean Life, web site one word. 

Thanks again, @CrazyDaisy . Unfortunately, they have only the KN95s, which I don't want, but besides, I can't buy from them because the website says

*WE ARE CURRENTLY LIMITING PURCHASING OF NIOSH KN95 MASKS TO HEALTHCARE FACILITIES*

That is an old message on site, other industries, construction in particular, have been using them for several weeks.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

I don't know what the definition of "Big" is for the OP.  I will just give my opinion.

I live in an area of Michigan that is far from opening up.  My kids and all of their friends have been home since March 13.  That is 10 weeks and we are under stay at home order until June 12 (at the earliest but I expect it to be extended again).  That will make 13 weeks.  At this point since all of our families have been quarantining, I have no problem with family get togethers, if that was what the pool party was for.  If the party was for the whole neighborhood, that is a different story.

My kids have been telling me how much they miss their grandma who only lives 10 minutes away.  She is missing them as well.  This past week I have lifted my own restrictions to allow them to get together.  

I don't believe waiting for the vacine is the answer.  Even Dr Fauci has spoken out against extended lockdowns.  There are many things I'm not ready to do but some I need for my sole right now - a gym, haircut, a night out to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary, the ability to use the new camper I bought but can't because campgrounds are closed for another month.  Basically I've gotten to the point of enough is enough and I don't want to be locked down all summer.

@mimomof4, the OP mentioned "friends" were at the pool party.

The events you would love to have happen are not yet available in your area; is that what you're saying?  Yes in Michigan we are locked down tight.  Many other areas of the country and states around us have opened up but Michigan has just a tiny bit.  Our retail stores just opened today on a minimum basis.  All of the big things are not open yet (except restaurants on limited capacity in northern Michigan).  Basically we are ready to go to a border state. 

When they do and you can participate, would you then quarantine yourself afterwards?  No I will not.  We aren't big social people to begin with.  If our family gets together I'm not quarantining for 14 days after. 

I was good with the Stay at Home orders for a month but living somehwere where there appears to be no end in sight I'm just over it.  Especially considering the shady times our governor has announced extensions (ie 5PM last friday on a holiday weekend - absolute BS.)  If you are going to extend it just be honest at the press confernce you had the day before. The numbers in Michigan have been going down for a month. Maybe she will give me some positive new today but I doubt it.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I think this question has been asked before and it certainly pertains to my family, if I have been very strictly in quarantine, and if my family has been very strictly in quarantine, shouldn't we be able to get together with social distancing and without masks?

We had a family picnic a couple of weeks ago and did this in a spot where there was no one even in sight.  All of us back in quarantine and two weeks later nothing has happened.

Has anyone else done this?

At my age, I'd keep the mask on, and go for the rest of it.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

From HuffPost:

surge of coronavirus infections in Alabama didn’t deter people from descending on the state’s beaches over Memorial Day weekend, according to local media reports.

Footage that CNN aired on Monday’s broadcast of “Anderson Cooper 360” showed Gulf Shores beach busy with people. None wore masks, per CNN national correspondent Gary Tuchman, and those interviewed were defiant in the face of the virus that’s killed more than 550 people in the state. Alabama eased lockdown restrictions on Friday. 

Almost 100,000 people have now died from the virus nationwide.

Restaurants, bars and stores in the city were also busy, with many visitors failing to observe social distancing measures. Some restaurant staff did also not wear masks, according to CNN.

“My family has the same mindset as me,” one man on the beach told Tuchman. “We kind of just agreed that if we get it, we get it, we’re going to handle it as a family and just get over it because that’s what family does.”

One woman said: “Everybody has got to go somehow. I don’t want to die but, I mean, if that’s what God has in store for my life, then that’s OK.”

Others falsely likened COVID-19 to seasonal influenza and suggested “there’s enough wind and air that’s going to clear it out of the way” on the beach ― claims that Tuchman debunked.

Another man cited...refusal to wear a mask, “If he’s not wearing a mask, I’m not going to wear a mask,” said the man. “If he’s not worried, I’m not worried.”

Would he add, if he dies, I die?  

Honored Contributor

No one ever thinks they are going to be the one to die.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm sorry they did this. It just adds to your worry about everyone's safety.

I had my son and brother here this weekend as we were planting bushes and flowers at my mom's, next door to me. 

We social distanced, were outside most of the time spread over 5 acres, used masks except when we ate, and when eating, we chose to sit around the house at great distance, not together at a table. 

Most of us have been at home during the shutdowns. My husband has had to work, and my son, but brother has been working from home. So everyone here was pretty low risk, and even at that, we distanced, used masks, and sadly didn't touch or hug each other. 

I really can't wait for the day I can feel safe hugging my kid or my mom again. 

@Mominohio What you are describing when it comes to family is so sad.

Honestly start hugging your kids again  IMO.  After being locked up for 2 months, my kids hugged their grandma this weekend.  They have all been missing each other too much and needed it.   

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

I don't know what the definition of "Big" is for the OP.  I will just give my opinion.

I live in an area of Michigan that is far from opening up.  My kids and all of their friends have been home since March 13.  That is 10 weeks and we are under stay at home order until June 12 (at the earliest but I expect it to be extended again).  That will make 13 weeks.  At this point since all of our families have been quarantining, I have no problem with family get togethers, if that was what the pool party was for.  If the party was for the whole neighborhood, that is a different story.

My kids have been telling me how much they miss their grandma who only lives 10 minutes away.  She is missing them as well.  This past week I have lifted my own restrictions to allow them to get together.  

I don't believe waiting for the vacine is the answer.  Even Dr Fauci has spoken out against extended lockdowns.  There are many things I'm not ready to do but some I need for my sole right now - a gym, haircut, a night out to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary, the ability to use the new camper I bought but can't because campgrounds are closed for another month.  Basically I've gotten to the point of enough is enough and I don't want to be locked down all summer.

@mimomof4, the OP mentioned "friends" were at the pool party.

The events you would love to have happen are not yet available in your area; is that what you're saying?  Yes in Michigan we are locked down tight.  Many other areas of the country and states around us have opened up but Michigan has just a tiny bit.  Our retail stores just opened today on a minimum basis.  All of the big things are not open yet (except restaurants on limited capacity in northern Michigan).  Basically we are ready to go to a border state. 

When they do and you can participate, would you then quarantine yourself afterwards?  No I will not.  We aren't big social people to begin with.  If our family gets together I'm not quarantining for 14 days after. 

I was good with the Stay at Home orders for a month but living somehwere where there appears to be no end in sight I'm just over it.  Especially considering the shady times our governor has announced extensions (ie 5PM last friday on a holiday weekend - absolute BS.)  If you are going to extend it just be honest at the press confernce you had the day before. The numbers in Michigan have been going down for a month. Maybe she will give me some positive new today but I doubt it.

@mimomof4, I'm unclear as to how this relates to my reply, so I'll just say Stay Save.:-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

That is an old message on site, other industries, construction in particular, have been using them for several weeks.

I'm not an industry, and they don't lists N95s. But thank you for your referral. If I can't find them by the time people aren't wearing masks and the distancing stops, I'll contact my doctor or an elected official. I'm sure not seeing my doc unless he has a genuine N95 on. Fake N95s have ear loops, like the KN95s shown on the company's website.

My supermarket has removed the directional arrows in the aisles but is maintaining control of the checkout lines. It'll be interesting to see what gives way next. The arrows were a pain. They actually created a lot more exposure because you were forced to spend more time and breathe more air than you would without them, IMO, so that's an improvement.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@qvcaddition    It would seem that we, with more experience and wisdom, view this pandemic situation with a different eye than the "younger generation".  I too, don't understand their blase attitude or lack of concern.  I just hope you stay far away from them in the future.

I'm not sure how much age has to do with it.  I know some "older" people who are not taking this seriously, and I know a lot of young people who most definitely are.  I've had numerous discussions with people of all ages, and there are people on both sides of the argument in all age groups.  "I'm going to live my life" is not just a younger generation thing. 

I agree with you that the OP should stay far away from them.  Unfortunately, they will probably be in close proximity to other people in supermarkets, etc., who won't know how irresponsible they've been.