Honored Contributor

One friend had a cookout on Monday.  Most others are not getting together yet. Cannot believe seeing on the news all the people on the beaches and the pool party etc.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

We got the AOK from the Governor (whom I really like, btw) to have gatherings of 10 or less since just before the Memorial Day weekend.  I went to my friend's house for some dinner and wine.  We sat more than 6 feet apart, outside on the patio.  It was quite lovely.

Apparently, a bar owner (who was permitted to open as a restaurant if he served food), did indeed open and there are videos of the enslaught of college kids (it's right in the middle of University space downtown).  It was painful to see the bar owner try to tell us that they were following guidelines when it was plain to see that it was a free for all.

As things start to open more I expect the Governor to put the smackdown on them.

The gym I work out of will be opening June 1 as per the Governor's OK, but one idjit gym owner decided to open a week early and have "classes" because he "thinks" it's healthy.

People like him are going to get all of us shut down.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Or much, much worse @QueenDanceALot. Good news about your gym.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain -

I never remember or can catch her name, but one woman dr/epidemiologist?

said it is better not to do everything at once in a day, like go to four places back to back I guess cause the duration of exposure makes a difference.

On the other hand one visti every day for four days, who knows? Cause we could get it from any kind of "community spread."

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

We got the AOK from the Governor (whom I really like, btw) to have gatherings of 10 or less since just before the Memorial Day weekend.  I went to my friend's house for some dinner and wine.  We sat more than 6 feet apart, outside on the patio.  It was quite lovely.

Apparently, a bar owner (who was permitted to open as a restaurant if he served food), did indeed open and there are videos of the enslaught of college kids (it's right in the middle of University space downtown).  It was painful to see the bar owner try to tell us that they were following guidelines when it was plain to see that it was a free for all.

As things start to open more I expect the Governor to put the smackdown on them.

The gym I work out of will be opening June 1 as per the Governor's OK, but one idjit gym owner decided to open a week early and have "classes" because he "thinks" it's healthy.

@suzyQ3 

Yes, I guess I'm a Debbie Downer but I'm not very confident about this re-opening.  Not for my gym, either.  Although the gym owner and the trainers who work out of his space have the best intentions, I'm not very optimistic.  That's one reason I won't be starting back with clients in house for at least a month.  I'm fortunate that the owner says I can come back whenever I feel ready to.  And none of my clients are clamouring to return as soon as it opens.  Well, except for ONE,and she just happens to be my absolute LEAST favorite client.  She'll be training with another trainer until I come back (unless I get lucky and she decides she wants to continue with him!!!Cat LOL

I think it's going to be a tough month or 2.  All around.

Honored Contributor

Oops, I spelled onslaught wrong.

And I can't fix it.

Krap.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Yes, I guess I'm a Debbie Downer but I'm not very confident about this re-opening.  Not for my gym, either.  Although the gym owner and the trainers who work out of his space have the best intentions, I'm not very optimistic.  That's one reason I won't be starting back with clients in house for at least a month.  I'm fortunate that the owner says I can come back whenever I feel ready to.  And none of my clients are clamouring to return as soon as it opens.  Well, except for ONE,and she just happens to be my absolute LEAST favorite client.  She'll be training with another trainer until I come back (unless I get lucky and she decides she wants to continue with him!!!Cat LOL

@QueenDanceALot, you are hardly alone in being cautious about going back to work. What will you doing there until you start seeing clients again?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Family getting together

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 

@QueenDanceALot, you are hardly alone in being cautious about going back to work. What will you doing there until you start seeing clients again?

@suzyQ3 

I see a few clients "virtually" for workouts.  They plan to continue with me until I decide to venture back into the gym.  I have gone into the gym very early in the morning toxdo my virtual workouts from there when I don't do them from home.  I won't go in there, though, when other people are there.  It's not technically open, no clients come in, and I don't think any of the trainers come in together, they might do what I've been doing with a few virtual clients and they set up their phones there, conduct the workout and then maybe work out themselves and leave.  It''s a very small space.  Training is by appointment only.  And all of us are independent contractors who use the space.

I have to admit I like being there by myself.  I turn up the music REALLY loud and it's my stress relief.

Next week when it opens I won't be going in at all, I don't think.  I'll conduct all of my virtual training from home.  And I'll do my own workouts at home.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot, I think that that is a wise way to approach the job situation.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot, I think that that is a wise way to approach the job situation.

@suzyQ3 

I want to see how things shake out before I go back in.

One thing I am not happy about is that clients won't be required to wear masks although the trainers will be.  I certainly don't mind wearing one, but I think it should be reciprocal.  I protect them, they don't have to protect me?  I don't like it.

I'm just going to see what happens.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

There is no comparison between Taiwan, population around 24 million, and the US, population over 300 million.

Preparing for, testing, and tracking 24 million in a relatively small area wouldn't have been much of a challenge.