Honored Contributor

0ABBC5A8-1A3E-4B80-A222-691DB6456E99.jpeg

Do you remember home movie time?

I believe that is an activity I nearly forgot about!

How could this activity have been erased from our slate of family activities?

What a great bonding time that was... we could have used a bit more of this while our child was still living at home.

Times and technology have changed so drastically over the last 10-20 years.

Board games went by the wayside too but then it’s never too late.

I remember all the fuss with setting equipment up ... and filming with a wind-up camera.

What do you remember?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

We're still going to be playing board and card games, making ginger bread houses, and watching Christmas movies on Christmas.

I guess we're old fashioned and still like the things we've always liked.

And most of all thankfully we like and love each other.

We'll take walks and look at lights and if its snowing, hopefully get to make a snowman!

Love the ones you're with, whoever or whatever four legged too they may be or just your wonderful self!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

How about watching slides on a projector screen? My first 17-18 years are on slides.

Honored Contributor

Not me. When I grew up there was no way we could have afforded this equipment. I only got a bike as it was the only way I could get to school which wasn't close. But we did have a few board games. Fun times most of the time.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay

So happy for you that you never lost your sense of wonder!

@OKPrincess

This is good to know! Come to think about it, you are very lucky having your youth on slides!

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1

Yes, I remember watching home movies.

In fact, when my mother passed away and I was cleaning out her house, I kept her old movie projector and many of the films/movies.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl

Love this! 

This morning I was looking for a picture portraying a family all watching home movies together and showing the equipment. There were quite a few ads for the projectors and screens, etc.

Honored Contributor

My mother’s friend is the only person we knew who had a movie camera; she put the footage of our deceased family members on a VHS tape for us. 

Honored Contributor

After mom died I took the slides (400+) and had them put on DVDs as gifts to my siblings since there weren't many photos as children. Priceless.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess@RedTop

I am surprised that it may have been rare to own movie equipment “back in the day.”

I would hope that DVD’s remain a long-term form of technology.

My mom and dad had those home movies put on a VHS tape for us. I have shared this with my cousin, who had no pictures of her childhood.