Honored Contributor

Re: Family Member Phone Numbers

Not everyone is on social media.  Nor are the police the first to arrive in an emergency.

My phone is set up my way because it was recommended by.........the police in a safety course.

Do as you will.  It's not a suggestion etched in stone. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Honestly ,I am the worst at this type of thing. I don't call people ,as a rule. Our kids call us, and Mr Cherry dials their number, and talks to them, and hands me the phone. I am just not much  of a phone person..

I need to make sure I have their numbers in my purse...

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I have DH, DS, and DDIL all in memory, for their cell phones.

I’m same as @Cakers3

@Hippiified  and everyone:  It's a good idea to also have your contacts listed with their name and husband, son, etc. - anybody you would want contacted should you be incapacitated.

John Smith Husband

John Smith Son

Jane Smith Sister

etc.

My phone is just a swipe to open; I don't use a passcode.

@Cakers3 I don’t use a passcode either!

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Honestly ,I am the worst at this type of thing. I don't call people ,as a rule. Our kids call us, and Mr Cherry dials their number, and talks to them, and hands me the phone. I am just not much  of a phone person..

I need to make sure I have their numbers in my purse...

@cherry  The only person I call or who calls me is my sister.  That's it. 

DS and I text; once in a while we speak on the phone if there is a lot of detail to be discussed, such as medical.

GS texts, too. 

I'm not a gabby phone person either.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Even if I do know them by heart, which the immediate family I do, in a situation like that I think I would be so upset I would probably draw a complete blank.

Honored Contributor

I know my immediate family's phone numbers by heart.  I dial them and do not my contacts list for them.  

But I will go in and change my contact list to designate my husband and my kids by "husband" and "daughter"  

Esteemed Contributor

just the other day i asked my 16 year-old granddaughter if she knew my phone number and street address.....to my surprise, she did!

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I have to pull out my phone every time they need my emergency contact at the doctor's office.  And I still don't know how to look it up without accidentally calling them.  I am a mess with this tech stuff.  

Me too!

Honored Contributor

As long as I could get to a computer, or like, I could reach my contact list.

Also, the first of every year I print my current contact list and put new copy in my locked emergency to go bag, also make sure all other documents are up to date.  So, if I had time to grab that I’d have them there.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Without reading all of the answers, phone numbers are definately part of that "important papers" file!