Valued Contributor

Fall weather finally arrived!

I love fall and winter.   Colors are changing, wind picks up, and it is wonderful!

Our county fair starts next Sunday, it always starts in the last week in September.   I'm entering 4 ceramic pieces I painted, my mixed fruit jelly, and my honey ginger cookies!

I hope I win something!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fall weather finally arrived!

It was a cooler and less humid today and will continue to be for a few days.  By Wednesday they say it will be back in the 80's.

Trusted Contributor

@LoriMI Good luck at the fair.  We will see fall temps here in the South part of Texas in mid December.  HAHAHHAAHHA!  

Trusted Contributor

Best of luck at the county fair!  This is a wonderful time of year ~ love the cooler weather!  An added bonus is our wedding anniversary is on September 28th.  I wanted an autumn wedding!  For our anniversary I told my husband I want to go to the arboretum and walk around and (hopefully) view some of the changing colors.  I just hope the weather cooperates....

Honored Contributor

We went to Erie,Pa for a few days and up there we saw about 20% of the trees are starting to change color and there are leaves starting to fall. It was still very warm but the leaves don't change because of temperature, but by the hours of sunlight. As it quickly gets dark earlier and earlier and the sunrises later in the mornings the trees will turn. Tomorrow is the first day of fall, so it is time.

Honored Contributor

It's still 97 at 7pm here.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Not where I live and I hope fall delays it's entrance for as long as possible.  We were in the high 80s last week and today was gorgeous and sunny but in the high 70s.  The whole week is supposed to be like that.  Yay!!!  Leaves don't change color until we get that first frosty sub 32 degree night.  That won't be for several weeks....I hope.  I do love fall, I just can't stand what comes after fall. 

Respected Contributor

This week we had fall, then winter, and back to fall.  The first of the week it was in the 80's, Tues - Thurs it rained buckets and even snowed at the ski resorts and got down in the low 50's.  Today we're back in the 80's.  The leaves have changed in the canyon areas and my plan is to take a drive up there in the next day or two.

Regular Contributor

I live in southern Ca. It was almost 100 degrees today I wish we had try fall weather I love the leaves turning the beautiful colors. Have friends and family on east coast so I get to see when I visit. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Honored Contributor

It was 90 in Atlanta yesterday, so no real sign of fall here, though last week, a few of our mornings were cooler.

I like Fall just fine, but dread the winter.  Already looking forward to Spring.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?