Honored Contributor

Re: Fall weather finally arrived!

Blech! Fall is arriving...fast! I'm in upper MI and we are already bringing in our summer toys (kayaks, jet ski, boat) and winterizing. Started dismantling our dock yesterday. I HATE Fall!! Too much work to do! Raking the leaves is the pits! You all can have the cool weather, I prefer Summer. I just put my first pair of jeans on yesterday after not wearing them since June! Fall is just a prelude to the long, long, long dismal, cold, cold Winter. Blech!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Yes, we got our first taste of Fall the last few days. 

It's perfect sleeping weather right now!

Honored Contributor

We keep going back and forth here.  Last week was sunny and beautiful most of the week and we still had humidity enough to need a/c.  Saturday was gloomy and drizzly but the dew point made it grossly uncomfortable most of the day.  But by Saturday night, that all changed.  The humidity was gone and the temps got downright chilly.

Yesterday was upper 60s, nice breeze and no humidity.  I was able to open all the windows and get some nice fresh air in the house. 

For the next 10 days it's supposed to be mid to upper 70's with nothing but sunshine.  We have no intention of putting our boat away until we have to.  With weather like they are predicting, we will still be able to get some use out of it on weekends, even if it's only 1 more weekend.      

Respected Contributor

LoriMI    I don't know where you live - Michigan maybe?  Anyway I definitely envy you your approaching fall.  It's my favorite time of year, and October has always been my favorite month.  No sign of fall here yet - very warm and muggy, as it always is in summer.  Thunderstorms from time to time. But when our leaves turn colors, the color is always brown. One maple tree in our subdivision does have some lovely colors in the fall, but right now it is green. It's the only tree that turns red/yellow in the entire 400 home subdivision.  

Best of luck at the fair.  We seldom go because our fairgrounds is in an area where there is often trouble - purses snatched, cars broken into, etc.  I really miss the days when I lived elsewhere and we had great fairs. Many years ago DH and I were invited to a fair in Hawesville, Kentucky; he had been aked there to judge their beauty contest.  I had more fun there than any other fair I've ever attended. Wonderful people and wonderful, clean American fun!

Honored Contributor

I'm jealous ..... it broke a record here yesterday .... 104 degrees .... I'm really sick of it.