Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I am not overly fond of Facebook, I prefer Forums and Blogs, but Facebook is mandatory for us work from home employees to connect and where we all meet for Zoom meetings.  Same thing for my work as a volunteer for a charity.....  I have my settings on the strictest privacy settings and this enables me to only interact with people that I know......

I know businesses on Facebook get a lot of "wackos" and inappropiate non-sense.....I've heard that more and more people are closing their Facebook accounts....

@Spurt 

I attend many meetings by Zoom, and Go To Meeting, and I volunteer for some charities.  I receive all notices, and communications through my e-mail.

Just a thought.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I am not overly fond of Facebook, I prefer Forums and Blogs, but Facebook is mandatory for us work from home employees to connect and where we all meet for Zoom meetings.  Same thing for my work as a volunteer for a charity.....  I have my settings on the strictest privacy settings and this enables me to only interact with people that I know......

I know businesses on Facebook get a lot of "wackos" and inappropiate non-sense.....I've heard that more and more people are closing their Facebook accounts....

@Spurt 

I attend many meetings by Zoom, and Go To Meeting, and I volunteer for some charities.  I receive all notices, and communications through my e-mail.

Just a thought.

@Drythe 

You are right, if it was up to me Id go with email...but they insist on Facebook as a place where we can all communicate all together as a team in one place rather than numerous emails back and forth.........Woman Frustrated  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

well,im not on fb,but I am on here.this is kinda like fb.just saying

Trusted Contributor

I Love Facebook but I keep it light and airy and I am careful where I go and who can see my profile.

For me during this Pandemic and for many others, Facebook has saved our sanity.  Even more so since my Hubby passed in September.  

Nothing is 100% safe but just be responsible and watch yourself, for me it is fine.  I am fully aware that others hate it but for me it is not the "Evil" thing everyone says it is.  

Respected Contributor

You can eliminate most of the crazies on your time line by putting restrictions on your privacy.  As far as seeing other's time lines, it's easy to skip right past what you don't care to see.  A lot of silly brainless comments, but some helpful criticism too.  If it's just men who are behaving badly, there sure are a lot of men posing as women.  LOL!  NOT!   

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Luvsmyfam 

I have been on this Bulletin Board for, I am guessing close to 20 years. And like FB? There are many Forums now that i do not visit, but i visit enough of them to know, if is not even in the same Universe as FB.

When i started here there were 5 Forums, and that pretty much covered what everyone had to say. Now? Think they have a forum for most products they sell.

Like FB? Not even close. They have good Moderators here.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Luvsmyfam On FB you know your friends in real life. I don't know anyone her personally.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

On FB you know your friends in real life. I don't know anyone her personally.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Shoot/Darn it! What do ya wanna know about me, I am an open book. You can judge this book by its cover, really! Just a cyber-friend, no?    =^..^=

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

On FB you know your friends in real life. I don't know anyone her personally.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Shoot/Darn it! What do ya wanna know about me, I am an open book. You can judge this book by its cover, really! Just a cyber-friend, no?    =^..^=

hckynut 

@hckynut  LOL! Actually I feel I do know you and your lovely wife as you love animals as much as I do. And....I know you love skating!

Respected Contributor

Never joined Facebook since no desire to contribute to owners fortunes...as time progressed and we saw the tech giants "bias" their platforms, glad I never got involved. Dislike majority of these tech giants superiority & egos. After doing some research on tech assets owned by these giants, cancelled any accounts on their platforms.