Respected Contributor

in case you didn't see (from Business Insider):

Facebook made a bombshell admission about the security of its users´ personal information on Wednesday, in a startling revelation that´s almost certain to worsen the privacy crisis currently hanging over the world´s largest social network. "Most" of Facebook´s 2 billion users may have had their personal data skimmed from the site by "malicious actors," the company said in a blog post by Chief Technology Officer Mike Schroepfer. Facebook said it has disabled the feature in its site´s search function that enabled the data scrapping, but the fact that so much user data may have been vulnerable was another setback...

Zuckerberg is before Congress next week - April 11, i believe.

Honored Contributor

The info I have on there can be found with any search engine

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I have never used and will never use Facebook or any other "social media" that puts your information out to who knows who.  I do not see the need or advantage to belonging to such sites.  JMO!

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me....is what I said/thought when FB first came on the scene.  I'll call my friends and relatives - don't trust the web in any way.

Honored Contributor

I still remain absolutely not concerned in the least about Facebook. At all. Not even on my radar. 

I am worrried or concerned about many things in our lives but the whole Facebook thing isn’t one of them. If they looked at any of my info and posts they probably fell asleep from boredom. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think there are any secrets anymore.  I can google myself and find out things LOL.  Sign of the times.

Valued Contributor

i never ever will use face book  they post way to much info

Honored Contributor

I don't know what people expect when they put it all out there like that. It doesn't surprise me that this happened.It doesn't matter if you are an interesting person or not, those who are looking to, can figure you out by the things you post and use it  to their advantage, whatever that may be. I googled myself and all it says is where I live and that someone else lives at the residence too. Doesn't even identify the person as my husband, just by name.

Respected Contributor

there is a concern that with this malicious actors can match up other info they have found - e mail address, phone - with FB info (birthdate, hometown, etc) making it a lot easier to steal people's identities, for example.   i am sure we will find out more next week.

Valued Contributor

I downloaded the information on my FB and there are tons of it.  I was amazed about all that I downloaded. I do not think that I was hacked because of who i vote for. (No politics please) but who knows? I post very little and I thought of deleting FB but if was hacked, the damaged has already been done.  I am not going to worry about it for now.  When one goes on social media these things can be expected.  FB is just as greedy as ever.