Esteemed Contributor

Now and then I'll see a post from a "friend" and it's long and sometimes a little preachy and it's "I'm gonna find out who really reads my posts blah blah write done in the comments."

Is there some factory where people pick these up to post?  The ones I've seen don't indicate they are being shared from elsewhere.  It just starts out stupid like "This is important to me" or "I may not post for awhile blah blah blah."

Has anyone seen any of these in their news feed lately?  Maybe today?

I think they're dishonest, narcissistic...and I never participate. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook users...a question

I ignore. They make the rounds and aren’t original. It’s copied from others.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda  I only read posts from my friends.

Honored Contributor

they are pretty much like chain letters. i generally dont repost them, but it doesnt bother me if anyone else does on their own facebook walls. they just copy and paste them from other peoples feeds to share.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Uh...who else would have a post show up in your news feed?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

they are pretty much like chain letters. i generally dont repost them, but it doesnt bother me if anyone else does on their own facebook walls. they just copy and paste them from other peoples feeds to share.

@sunshine45  That's what I was thinking. They sound so real and from some of the comments posted, people think the person who posted it wrote it and it's really about them. 

Thanks for the confirmation. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

facebook success kid chain letters - 7158829568

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Uh...who else would have a post show up in your news feed?

@esmerelda  Uh...I get stuff from QVC,ads and a myriad of other things that are not from my friends. Good for you for not getting anything else on your feed. Uh.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  Sorry...I consider ads ads, not posts. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Every once in awhile I get news feeds from organizations or companies or people that I do not know. I am very careful about the friends and organizations that I follow on Facebook.

It seems these unsolicitated news feeds seem to come in batches every month or so. I just "delete" everyone of them. I think that Facebook sends out alot of them, to get additional revenue for the ads or the site they are promoting.

It is amazing all the ads that I have gotten. A few months ago, I kept getting ads for a Laundromat about 30 miles from my house. Have no idea why I was getting the ads. I certainly wouldn't travel 30 miles to go to a laudromat, there are several with in 3-5 miles of my house. Besides I have a washer in my house. 

My motto - When in doubt Delete.