Respected Contributor

Re: Facebook and Public Accounts

Some one just told me that facebook owns instagram.

I don't do either so don't have a clue. 

Am just curious.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Some one just told me that facebook owns instagram.

I don't do either so don't have a clue. 

Am just curious.

That person is right. FB owns Instagram. Instagram is a bit better than Facebook because they run it differently. You don't have to wade through a bunch of frightening crackpot theories every day. There's no "News" aspect to it. That is a Godsend.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I don't have any social accounts, except for this forum---have always thought something like that would eventually come back to kick you in the caboose-----

-----  

Why would you think that? 

I've had an account for years, no problems.  

I don't have anything, on my FB, that I couldn't share, or wouldn't share, publicly! What would bite me? 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I en;joy Facebook.  I am a member to several interest groups.  I enjoy the newsfeed...  I enter many sweepstakes and contests.... I like to post about helping or saving animals on my page. I do not have many friends... by choice.  I do not post often.  But it is a good outlet for sharing and chatting with people who share common interests. There is even a really nice QVC group that we share information  and even sell things to each other that we bought on QVC and HSN that we no longer use or wear like clothes and jewelry. 

@@SeaMaiden 

I have been on Facebook for years,, but, I did not know that there is a QVC group. I might have to check that out.  

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

My town has a FB page that keeps everyone informed about what’s going on. It is monitored which I like. No nastiness just good town info.So different than the FB for the town I grew up in. It’s not monitored and has super nasty political stuff. Glad I don’t live there anymore.

I have about 30 friends on FB. I’ve hidden 3 of them so I don’t see their religious and political posts. The rest of my friends are fine. No problems at all with FB. You can control what you see.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal    There are several... just go to groups and search or put QVC groups in search engine.