Respected Contributor

Re: Facebook - You Can Check to See if Your Info Was Compromised

@NickNack wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

FYI

I just recieved a notice from FB that Cambridge Analytica has my data.  One of my FB friends logged into "This Is My Digital Life" via FB in 2015 and as a result CA got access to my data.   FB banned this app in 2015.  Apparently this is one of the Apps CA used to collect data. 

I would not recommend using Google to access this website. 

@KentuckyWoman  How did they notify you?

@NickNack When I signed into FB last night, a notice popped up when my news feed opened.  I was informed that one of my FB friends had used that app on FB and as a result Cambridge had my profile data. 

Valued Contributor

@onlyshopsonline - that is a little scary. Last week, I went in and changed my FB password. My profile info is private and I only have my personal email and that is hidden from the public.

I was shocked that FB sent an email confirming the password change to my both my personal email and to work one!! I have never, ever put my work email on FB or listed who I work for. That made me mad because FB knows too much about me that I have never told them!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read something today that the American Acadamy of Cardiology and Stanford University and some others have backed off talks to share anonymized patient data with Facebook because of the Cambridge Analytica situation. 😲 They were approached by facebook to share the data to possibly study the health and well being of individuals as it relates to social connectedness. Definitely a worthy question to pursue, but lowers my opinion of Zuckerberg further because it appears that he is all about the data mining for profit, under the radar. Tip of iceberg. From CNBC:

Facebook sent a doctor on a secret mission to ask hospitals to share patient data

• Facebook was in talks with top hospitals and other medical groups as recently as last month about a proposal to share data about the social networks of their most vulnerable patients.
  • The idea was to build profiles of people that included their medical conditions, information that health systems have, as well as social and economic factors gleaned from Facebook.