Honored Contributor

Re: 'Facebook' Killer Commits Suicide

Listen to the family that their dad was killed,to be admired, and we all can learn from them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I don't get the whole FB LIve thing, maybe they should be reviewed before they are allowed to become public.

I am glad the workers at McDonalds called and tried to stall him. They are brave.

I have no sympathy for this killer, what he did was horrific.

Honored Contributor

The video was said to be up for TWO HOURS before Facebook removed it and all of this guy's stuff. I just can't process murdering someone and putting it online, that that is a thing. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

You know, by killing himself, her robbed the family of any sense of closure, if there really is any such  thing.

Maybe not ,i heard on tv that the family said they forgive him.

Isn't forgiveness and closure two different things??????

I'm not sure how this prevents the family from closure.  I've never been through this type of thing but I would think never finding him would prevent closure. 

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

I don't get the whole FB LIve thing, maybe they should be reviewed before they are allowed to become public.

I am glad the workers at McDonalds called and tried to stall him. They are brave.

He didn't commit this murder via FB Live.  He uploaded it as a video after the fact. That was misinformation that was initially reported.

As far as FB Live goes, some people like to do live chats or live videos.  Many local bands go "live" during a performance. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

The video was said to be up for TWO HOURS before Facebook removed it and all of this guy's stuff. I just can't process murdering someone and putting it online, that that is a thing. 

His account was closed within 23 minutes of the first report to FB.  But I also heard the video was up for a couple hours before being removed.    It's my understanding there are still sites where the video can be viewed. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

He didn't commit this murder via FB Live.  He uploaded it as a video after the fact. That was misinformation that was initially reported.

As far as FB Live goes, some people like to do live chats or live videos.  Many local bands go "live" during a performance. 

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was live, I didn't even want to see that.

I do understand many people like to use that feature, but seems thats the new thing of posting crimes as they happen. I guess there are always going to people who use something for horrible purposes. 

Trusted Contributor

What this guy did was unspeakable.  How heartless can you be to walk up to a total stranger (or anyone for that matter) and shoot them?? 

IMO, he did everyone a favor by killing himself. 

I'm just glad he didn't point the gun at the cops that chased him.  Because I thought for sure he wouldn't give up so easily.

Saved the taxpayers a lot of money and other lives saved. 

I pray for the family of the 74 year old man.  What a terrible loss for them Smiley Sad 

Esteemed Contributor

May his name and face be obliterated from memory for eternity.

RIP Mr. Godwin.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

So what is zuckerberg saying he's doing now....is it about this incident or something else?