Honored Contributor

Re: 'Facebook' Killer Commits Suicide

Please....don't let this thread become argumentative and be deleted....Heart

My intention was for this thread to be an opportunity to celebrate the life of a decent human being, murdered through no fault of his own. 

We can all voice our opinions, just try to do it respectfully to avoid deletion of the thread, pretty please?.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I can't know how I'd feel if this had happened to one of my loved ones. I doubt that I could forgive. I understand his committing suicide, but I don't celebrate it.

If he had lived, I would want him to face our justice system that is relatively fair and unbiased. I would never, ever condone any other kind of action, and although I am disgusted by his crime, I personally don't think of him as trash or subhuman.

Good for you.

I feel no shame whatsoever in voicing my righteous indignation and anger over what he did ~ he killed that poor old man for no reason at all.

I'm GLAD he committed suicide.

Obviously he wasn't subhuman. The only thing I will say is that I hope he made his peace with the Almighty before he went into eternity.

@seaBreeze Totally agree with you.

Esteemed Contributor

Sad for the victim and his family.  I just saw Stephen's mother's interview...."he was a good person...he just snapped; he had gambling problems and couldn't pay back the money".   Well, good people don't kill....no matter what....no sympathy here 

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

Sad for the victim and his family.  I just saw Stephen's mother's interview...."he was a good person...he just snapped; he had gambling problems and couldn't pay back the money".   Well, good people don't kill....no matter what....no sympathy here 

@Stray

"Good person, they just snapped".....how many times have we heard that one? Easy excuse..... 'they just snapped'....no, they're deranged, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

good riddance

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

I do not believe "going to trial" gives a family closure .... it just prolongs their suffering and anguish as this pathetic soul gets a warm bed and three meals--years of appeals, and eventually out on the street due to a mental health diagnosis.   Justice was served.

You are so right @seaBreeze.  'Going to trial' takes a long time.  This murderer would have a lawyer who would try to get him plead not guilty by reason of insanity.  It can take years to go to trial.

I mentioned here last year that my brother was shot and stabbed numerous times in 2011 and it was caught on video.  Open and shut case you would think.  His lawyer got his trial delayed for years until summer of 2016 when he was convicted.  Five year wait for trial!  The system is on the side of the criminal.

I'm so glad that this murderer took himself out.  He did the family and the taxpayers a favor.  And no, I wouldn't forgive him.  That's a special family.  My family didn't forgive.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I can't know how I'd feel if this had happened to one of my loved ones. I doubt that I could forgive. I understand his committing suicide, but I don't celebrate it.

If he had lived, I would want him to face our justice system that is relatively fair and unbiased. I would never, ever condone any other kind of action, and although I am disgusted by his crime, I personally don't think of him as trash or subhuman.

Good for you.

I feel no shame whatsoever in voicing my righteous indignation and anger over what he did ~ he killed that poor old man for no reason at all.

I'm GLAD he committed suicide.

Obviously he wasn't subhuman. The only thing I will say is that I hope he made his peace with the Almighty before he went into eternity.

@seaBreeze Totally agree with you.

Yes, I have read the threads and know your point of view. Your sarcastic "Good for you" here was gratuitous.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3  I don't know what "threads" you're alluding to, except for this one.

And my statement was gratuitous? Perhaps; but then I think your statements were, also.

Honored Contributor

He claimed to have killed other people, so now the police are going to look into that possibility. Whether or not he was mentally ill, I think it's the age old argument re anyone who does such a thing must be mentally ill. Some people aren't-they're just angry, lacking in humanity, evil, etc.

His finances were a mess, if he had a gambling problem that's why. So apparently he couldn't take responsibility for that and chose to take it out on this poor innocent man in such a brutal, inhuman way. Lots of people these days can't seem to take personal responsibility for their own anger and problems and choose to do such things. Of course some are mentally ill and thus incapable of that. 

He was a gutless coward to take the life of that man, and to end his own rather than face what he did. The family forgiving the way they did amazes me. He doesn't deserve their forgiveness, but I know that's not for me to determine.

I just hope that there aren't copycats of this. Because that is the world we now live in. It's awful.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't wish for the shooter to RIP. Actually, I wish for the shooter to burn in he** for all eternity. The elderly gentleman deserved a much kinder fate. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, minding his business, walking home from the family Easter dinner. I pray for the families of the victim, and that their hearts will be comforted. 

dee