Honored Contributor

THAT EXPLAINS IT!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Face book is down

[ Edited ]

I am not on Facebook....my choice but I do know for many people it is a good way to keep in touch with family members who live in different areas.  For others, it is a non-stop addiction.   My biggest concern is for young people today who are able to be on this, Twitter, etc.  I personally know of one young man who committed suicide due to bad things said and done there (in addition to other issues he was dealing with...not drugs though).  It must be hard to parent and monitor these things today with kids.  

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I enjoy FB. I'm on a sports FB page, one for Jeopardy, a couple of others and a strictly local one. I enjoy them.

If others want to pooh-pooh FB, fine. I will continue to enjoy it in my limited way.

@Love my grandkids 

I guess I probably don't like it since I really don't know how to use it. I have posted before but when I go back I cannot find my post or replies so made no sense.

DH uses it with friends & family. His phone is always going off from someone posting on it or something?   

Respected Contributor

Re: Face book is down

[ Edited ]

@Mint2 wrote:

From what I have seen on FB the world would be a better place if it never came back.

I tend to agree.

I cannot imagine what hurt could be inflicted on preteens/teens via social media, not to mention the multitude of other people that could be negatively impacted.

I am glad we only had those awful slam books.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

I can't access it from my Computer but I can on my phone. So, I don't understand what' actually going on

Honored Contributor

@Mersha I grew up in Southern California and we never heard of slam books.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I use it now more for a substitute Yellow Pages than for keeping up with individuals.  The businesses around here can update their FB page much quicker and easier than their websites, so I find it quite useful.

exactly

I use it to keep up on stuff in town

local business

my side hustle

Buynothing.org and freecycle stuff

you can block anything you want 

Honored Contributor

I use it mostly for communities/groups. Get lots of good advice from people with similar interests like gardening, genealogy, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Mint2 wrote:

From what I have seen on FB the world would be a better place if it never came back.

I tend to agree.

I cannot imagine what hurt could be inflicted on preteens/teens via social media, not to mention the multitude of other people that could be negatively impacted.

I am glad we only had those awful slam books.

we could say that about the entire internet... without it the world would be a better place.....we seemed to have gotten to the moon without facebook or the internet just fine.  

But I think we crossed that  line where we have become dependent on both of them....much like Amazon.  

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Mersha I grew up in Southern California and we never heard of slam books.

@Love my grandkids   The way they were done in my school was each person had a slam book with a person's name on each page.  Someone would sign next to a number and then use that number to go through all the pages and write down what they really thought of that person.

It was awful and caused all sorts of hurt.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF